Is there a temperature with prostatitis in men? We deal with the main symptom
Such a pathology as prostatitis is accompanied by a number of manifestations, including high body temperature. It can vary from 37 to 40 degrees.
As a rule, if the body temperature rises, men attribute it to general malaise, fatigue, the common cold, flu, or SARS. The fact that high fever may mean the presence of a more serious pathology rarely comes to mind. An increased temperature can trigger inflammation of the prostate.
With this pathology, other symptoms can also be observed that men usually ignore. Of course, a person does not immediately run to the doctor when the temperature rises. But if it is accompanied by other symptoms, for example, burning during urination, pain in the urethra, then you need to immediately contact a urologist. These symptoms in men may indicate inflammation of the prostate. As a rule, after passing tests and examinations, prostatitis is diagnosed.
The temperature can either fall or rise above normal. It can be subfebrile or febrile. Too high a temperature indicates the presence of an inflammatory process, accompanied by a purulent formation, which occurs at the first stage of the development of septic shock. The late stage, on the contrary, is characterized by a decrease in temperature to around 35, which is accompanied by severe weakness. Lowering body temperature is a dangerous signal, as this indicates the development of sepsis. With this development, the prognosis is poor.
The substance pyrogen causes high body temperature.
In the human body, it appears in two ways:
- Exogenous (externally). The cause of prostatitis, including the chronic stage, can be all sorts of pathological microorganisms. It has been established that a number of bacteria are pyrogens on their own. Once in the human body, they act on the center of thermoregulation, which becomes the reason for the change in temperature readings.
- Endogenous (internal). In this case, pyrogens appear directly in the body. The protective properties of a person focus on the elimination of foci of infection. Their main purpose is the destruction and neutralization of pathogenic microflora. Leukocyte pyrogens are produced during the fight against bacteria. Their main goal is to weaken viruses and bacteria, as well as create adverse conditions for their reproduction.
Leukocyte pyrogens act on temperature readings.
This causes the following changes in the patient's body:
- Smooth muscles and blood vessels narrow.
- This factor changes the heat transfer process - the temperature inside the body rises, while decreasing on the surface of the skin. Chills occur - the main sign of fever.
- The nerve impulses enter the hypothalamus, as a result of which the body's reactions change: the tone of the skeletal muscles rises, and the oxidation processes accelerate. As a result, body temperature rises.
Prostatitis is not always accompanied by fever. Not all forms of pathology are caused by pathogenic microflora, therefore, in some cases, temperature indicators remain within normal limits.
Forms of prostatitis and body temperature
1. Acute prostatitis. Inflammation of the male organ is accompanied by characteristic manifestations and a febrile level of body temperature. Acute prostatitis is accompanied by purulent discharge, severe pain and hematuria. A temperature of 38-39 ° is one of the characteristic symptoms of pathology.
The acute form of inflammation progresses rapidly. Accumulations of pustules form inside the male organ, which leads to fever and chills. Over time, the abscesses merge into one large, which leads to an abscess.
High temperature during exacerbation of prostatitis is a reaction of the body to the presence of foreign microorganisms and tissues. Self-medication and ignoring the symptoms leads to the transition of the pathology to the chronic stage. With an unfavorable course of the disease, there is a high probability of a fatal outcome (an abscess breakthrough into the rectal region).
2. The chronic form. Left unattended and timely treatment, acute inflammation of the male organ often turns into a stagnant, latent form. Chronic prostatitis is more difficult to diagnose. Pathology is not accompanied by pronounced symptoms.
With degenerative changes in the tissues, the inflammatory process is replaced by an acute period that lasts several days. Asymptomatic development is a factor that makes the disease dangerous.
Subfebrile temperature indicators, which are maintained for a long period of time, indicate the presence of chronic inflammation in the body. Values may not change for weeks.
Asymptomatic temperature is the main sign of the transition of the pathology to the chronic stage. Over time, an exacerbation of the disease occurs. With inflammation of the prostate, subfebrile temperature is replaced by febrile indicators, which are accompanied by fever and fever.
With non-infectious prostatitis, temperature changes may not vary. An undiagnosed disease goes into a chronic stage. Subfebrile temperature is maintained, giving way to intense heat only during exacerbation.
Chronic prostatitis is difficult to treat, often develops into oncology and is the cause of serious disorders in the reproductive system and infertility.
3. The stage of remission. During the period of remission of the disease, temperature conditions are restored.
Forms of the disease
Usually symptoms any form of prostate disease include the following:
- Urinary problems
- Feeling of tingling, burning and sharp pain when going to the toilet,
- Constant urination
- Chills, trembling, crawling and fever,
- Pain in the lower back, groin, lower abdomen, scrotum,
- Rectal pressure
- Discharge from the penis during bowel movements,
- Genital sensation
- Sexual problems and decreased libido,
- Painful ejaculation.
Exist several types of disease. Fever is a common symptom of some of them.
Acute infectious (bacterial) prostatitis: The form of the disease is caused by an infection and occurs suddenly. Symptoms are always expressed in the form of chills and fever. Often patients observe the appearance of blood in the urine. This form of the disease is the easiest to detect and treat. Acute bacterial prostatitis is divided into several types:
- Catarrhal - inflammation of the membrane of the prostate and its excretory ducts. The catarrhal form is characterized by frequent urination and the presence of pus in the urine. There is an increase in temperature to 37-37.5,
- Follicular - inflammation of single segments of the gland with the formation of pustules. Signs include pain during urination, in the groin and in the anus, against the background of follicular prostatitis, the patient’s body temperature can rise to 38 degrees,
- Parenchymal (interstitial, purulent) prostatitis involving parenchyma (the totality of the prostatic glands) of the prostate. Signs include pronounced dysuria, a feeling of heaviness in the perineum, pain during bowel movements, and sometimes urinary retention. The consequences of acute parenchymal prostatitis can be very serious, against the background of this form, an abscess with tissue edema, fever (39-40 degrees) and chills often develop.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis: this type of prostatitis does not start suddenly, accompanied by relapses. A common symptom is bladder infections. This form of the disease is rarely accompanied by fever (sometimes up to 37.5).
Chronic prostatitis (chronic pelvic pain syndrome): the disorder is common among men of any age (from adolescence to the elderly), symptoms include pain or discomfort in the groin. Is there a temperature with prostatitis? The temperature rises rarely.
Based on the foregoing, we can conclude that:
- Temperature for prostatitis in men only rises in the presence of acute or chronic infectious prostatitis,
- Most often it rises up to 39-40 degreeswhen the disease from a chronic form becomes acute, it means that the stage of exacerbation begins,
- If the temperature rises to 38 degrees, this may mean that acute form of the diseaserather than chronic
- If, against the background of chronic prostatitis, it has risen to 37 degrees, this means that the body is fighting bacteria,
- If, against the background of acute infectious prostatitis, the temperature rises to 40 degrees, this may indicate about the presence of an abscess.
Causes of prostate inflammation affecting temperature
The main causes of low-grade fever with prostatitis:
- Infectious agents. These are fungi, bacteria and viruses. As a rule, they enter the prostate through the lymphatic tract or with blood. An increase in temperature is the first and main symptom of inflammation of the male organ.
- Decreased immunity. A factor that significantly increases the risk of developing diseases accompanied by inflammation.
- Impaired circulation. This leads to blood retention in the pelvis. Often the cause of this condition is irregular, or, conversely, too intense sexual activity, or its prolonged absence.
- Bad habits and passive lifestyle. They impair the blood supply to the prostate, which can lead to oxygen starvation.
The temperature with prostatitis is 37 - there is nothing to worry about, this is a common phenomenon, which means that the body is fighting the infection. Chronic prostatitis accompanied by a rise in temperature to this point. Against the background of such an increase, there is often pain in the lower back, when urinating, weakness, increased fatigue, dry mouth, the patient experiences slight discomfort.
In this case, along with taking antibiotics, it is important to drink a large amount of fluid a day (at least 12 glasses of water), drink fruit juices, fruit drinks, compotes. Raising the temperature to 37 degrees is not scary, if the patient is already taking antibiotics (as well as anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic drugs), you do not need to see a doctor.
Some doctors advise against dropping the temperature to 38 degrees to allow the body to fight the infection. This increase indicates development acute prostatitis. The patient experiences symptoms of a mild cold: weakness, low back pain, excessive sweating, moderate discomfort.
Treatment should be reduced to heavy drinking (water, juices, green tea, fruit drinks, compotes) and bed rest. If the fever causes severe discomfort, you should take an antipyretic agent (for example, aspirin, ibuprofen) and consult a doctor for treatment.
Causes of fever
Prostatitis is an inflammatory tissue disease caused by trauma, stagnation, and infection. Pathology is accompanied not only by characteristic symptoms of burning, itching, difficulty urinating, but also by changes in temperature indicators of the body.
Important! Indices in the armpit and rectal are important. In a normal healthy patient, the differential should not exceed 0.5 degrees.
With inflammation of the prostate, the temperature parameters in the anal passage increase, while the measurement results in the armpit can remain normal.
The temperature with prostatitis in men ranges from 37-41 degrees. This is important for making the correct diagnosis and identifying the form of the disease.
High fever with prostatitis
The main danger lies in the fact that the patient considers the temperature at 37-38 degrees as a manifestation of a cold infection and does not rush to the doctor, trying to cope on his own. Indeed, increased indications are eliminated after taking antipyretic drugs, but microbial damage continues to develop. This process provokes the appearance of complications, one of which is the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
An increase in temperature during a developing inflammatory process inside the male gland may be accompanied by additional signs. Symptoms vary depending on the form of pathology:
- Acute prostatitis is characterized by febrile indicators, the temperature can rise up to 40 degrees. Along the way, purulent discharge, severe pain, hematuria appear.
- In chronic prostatitis, the temperature is not always high, it can remain in low-grade values. Additional symptoms such as pain during urination, pain rarely appear. The latent form is asymptomatic, but any degenerative changes in the tissues will instantly respond with vivid signs.
Important! The asymptomatic clinical picture of the disease is considered the most dangerous.
If subfebrile indicators last for weeks, they signal a protracted chronic inflammatory process. It can become a hurricane at any time and be supplemented by aggravation in the form of infection of other internal organs. A clear sign of the onset of exacerbation (relapse) is a sharp change in temperature values upward, the appearance of fever, and fever.
When is it worth it to bring down the temperature? If the thermometer does not exceed the level of 37.8, you can turn to home options and lower the rate of herbs, fruit drinks. Symptomatic treatment is carried out, for example, the administration of analgesics, spasmolytics.
There may be a high fever with prostatitis, for example from 38 C. Here you should immediately call a specialist at home or, if the condition allows, consult a doctor yourself. Do not delay a visit to the doctor. Such a temperature may indicate a dynamic development of pathology, up to very serious complications, for example, indicate tissue death. Additional symptoms in the form of pain in the groin, swelling of the scrotum, intolerable pain, blood in the urine - a signal for an early visit to the doctor.
In this situation, no self-medication, the use of folk remedies and antipyretic can not be allowed! In extreme cases, it is allowed to drink “Aspirin”. But it’s better not to risk it, since any medication with an exacerbation of the disease becomes a “trigger” for the development of side symptoms.
The acute form of pathology progresses rapidly, and severe pain, fever are characteristic signs. In this case, abscess foci are formed inside the body, provoking chills, fever.
If untreated, the local areas of inflammation grow together, and one large abscess is formed. The addition of a purulent process makes the disease dangerous. The consequence may be a breakthrough of serous contents into the rectal region with necrosis, sepsis and death.
If the patient has chronic prostatitis, the temperature does not always rise to serious indicators. The latent form of this does not become less dangerous: in 98% of cases, cancer occurs, not only the prostate gland is affected, but also the testicles, the genital itself. Chronization of pathology is the cause of infertility, male sexual impotence, serious hormonal changes in the patient's body.
Fever for acute and chronic prostatitis
A febrile condition can occur with any form of prostatitis. But if the patient has chronic inflammation of the prostate, then the manifestation of fever is a sign of a severe exacerbation of the disease. The most characteristic symptom is high temperature up to 40 degrees. The man’s body is full of heat, nausea, vomiting appears, the thermometer indicators begin to rise quite sharply, the patient literally shakes.
Pain is added to these symptoms, and the main thing is to determine what pain and where. As a rule, the area of pain localization is the perineum: between the base of the genital organ and the anus, an unpleasant sensation radiates into the depths, into the lower abdomen. It can also give to the sacrum, groin, thigh, even under the ribs. Each patient has his own picture of pain, but there is one common point - the whole body begins to hurt, and the nature of the symptoms is bright, with sharp exacerbations.
If the pain of a aching type, constant, long and exhausting, is a sign of a deep microbial focus of inflammation. The second option with intermittent wave-like pain more often indicates a chronic microbial infectious process in the prostate gland.
Important! The patient's febrile state cannot be ignored.
An increased level of body temperature, aggravated by symptoms of pain, nausea, vomiting - a signal for urgent treatment of a specialist, calling a qualified medical team to the house. In addition to the fact that a man can “burn out” from high temperatures, dehydration will appear, which increases the risk of complications, up to kidney failure, damage to the liver, respiratory tract and death. Immediate qualified treatment is required, most often of a stationary type.
Sometimes, but extremely rarely, chronic prostatitis in the acute stage can be in the form of a fever. This is the answer to a cold, ARVI, hypothermia. If after a short time the signs of fever begin to pass, then you can get by with popular options for recipes to reduce fever.
Heat Reduction Measures
First, you should evaluate the form of the pathology. As already mentioned, with high rates of acute illness - no self-medication is allowed. During an exacerbation of the chronic process, medications and alternative methods of eliminating heat help.
How to quickly lower the temperature:
- You will need a plentiful drink in the form of water, sugarless fruit drinks, juices, compotes, boils.
- Should be observed bed rest, good nutrition.
- The use of non-steroidal drugs is shown: analgesics, antispasmodics, antibacterial agents.
With the totality of measures taken, the fever begins to pass in the case of a secondary infection.
Antipyretic drugs are recommended only at temperatures from 38.1 ° C. Reduced indications do not require taking serious types of medications. The following groups of pharmaceuticals are used:
- Medicines in which the main component is ibuprofen, for example, Nurofen, Ibuprofen. They have an antipyretic, antispasmodic effect, but treatment without the recommendation of a doctor can provoke side effects.
- Paracetamol-based medicines are Paracetamol and its derivatives. Effective remedies, but there is a risk of liver damage.
- Medicines with acetylsalicylic acid, this is Aspirin and its derivatives. Means help well, but negatively affect the cardiovascular, respiratory and excretory systems.
One of the groups of medicines with low efficacy, but not so harmful to health, are medicines containing metamizole sodium - “Analgin”, “Tempalgin”. Reception is recommended only for minor manifestations of fever, using drugs as a concomitant or adjuvant.
The main recipes for removing heat are decoctions of berries and herbs. Herbal infusions are made on the basis of chamomile, linden blossom, hypericum, thyme. On the pharmaceutical packaging there is a recipe for preparation, the standard option is usually this: 1 tbsp. l collection is taken 1 tbsp. boiling water. Insist 15-20 minutes, strain and drink like tea. Herbs help relieve heat, have anti-inflammatory drugs and can be a good way to get rid of fever.
Berries of cranberries, viburnum, currants and raspberries with leaves, dried fruits, or rather stewed fruit and fruit drinks from them, well remove heat, help with the evacuation of urine, and provoke profuse sweating. You don’t need to add sugar, you can flavor the drink with a spoon of honey - this is more useful. Boil fresh fruits for no longer than 10 minutes, it is better to just rinse and pour boiling water, insist for 30 minutes and give the patient a drink. Dip frozen and dry, clean berries with leaves in boiling water for 15-20 minutes, then cool and drink.
Reasons for emergency medical assistance
An urgent need to see a doctor when the signs of the disease begin to intensify, the patient's condition worsens significantly, and medications or other remedies based on home prescriptions do not help.
The reason for emergency medical care arises in the following cases:
- temperature increase over 38.1 C,
- the appearance of purulent discharge,
- strong pain
- increasing signs of intoxication: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Delayed treatment threatens to develop pathology into the parenchymal stage, the formation of an abscess with a breakthrough of purulent contents into the intestine, retroperitoneal region.
Prevention of acute inflammation of the prostate
One of the main methods of prevention is physical activity. Passion for sports helps to eliminate and prevent stagnation, which often cause acute inflammation of the prostate gland. In addition, you must remember the following recommendations from urologists:
- Observe moderation and legibility in sexual activity.
- Avoid permanent hypothermia.
- Eat normally and properly.
- Reduce or stop drinking alcohol, smoking.
As a rule, it is enough to adhere to these simple rules to avoid pathological processes in the prostate and exacerbation of other diseases of the male genitourinary system.
Can there be a temperature with prostatitis?
Prostatitis begins with an acute inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Inflammation can occur due to the penetration of infectious agents, hypothermia, contact with a person infected with viruses. In addition, the pathogenesis of the disease is influenced by many external factors that necessarily accompany the disease.
Elevated temperature is the body's immune response to the inflammatory process in the body. Interferon components are released, which is a natural, natural defense of the body, it is they that help fight infectious agents, prevent their further reproduction, and strengthen natural defense.
Can the temperature rise with a disease such as prostatitis? Experts say that fever and fever with the disease in question are far from common. Unfortunately, often patients attribute the increased temperature to possible colds, forgetting about the likelihood of an exacerbation of the pathology of the prostate gland. As a result, the necessary measures are not taken, which leads to unpleasant complications, the transition of the disease from the acute stage to the chronicle.
Temperature for prostatitis in men
One of the most obvious symptoms of inflammation is the temperature of prostatitis in men. This is a common urological disease, and like any inflammatory process, this condition is accompanied by a reaction of the body in the form of hyperthermia. As a rule, an infection enters the prostate in three ways:
- 1. Ascending from a sick woman during sexual intercourse.
- 2. In a descending way with infected urine from the kidneys (with pyelonephritis, acute respiratory infections, influenza, diseases of the teeth and tonsils, inflammation of the lungs, etc.
- 3. The horizontal route with lymph flow from the intestine.
It is well known that in our intestines lives and helps us live a huge number of bacteria, about 1000 phylotypes, about 2 kilograms by weight. With intestinal dysbiosis, the intestinal walls become passable for pathogenic bacteria. According to the folk, a leaky gut. In addition to etiological and predisposing factors, there are also provocative factors.
Can there be a temperature with prostatitis, symptoms and consequences
Provoking factors include:
- physical inactivity, sedentary lifestyle
- lack of sleep, chronic stressful situations,
- stool problems
- prolonged sexual abstinence or excessive sexual activity,
- chronic inflammatory diseases of the body and foci of infection,
- venereal and urological diseases (urethritis, gonorrhea).
Many men are interested in whether there can be a temperature during the development of prostatitis? The development of the inflammatory process is caused by the multiplication of microorganisms that secrete toxins. The man’s body responds to the infection with an increase in temperature, chills, difficulty urinating, weakened urine pressure, pain in the sacrum, perineum and prostate gland, testicles and scrotum, penis, bladder can occur.
Signs and effects of prostatitis
- Pain in the pelvis. Usually begin with the genital area. It can also be localized in the scrotum and lower back in men. Back pain can be confused with radiculitis, but at the same time it will give to the lower extremities. All these places can hurt all at once or one at a time.
- Discomfort during urination. Burning and pain usually appears at the very beginning of the emptying of the bladder. The urge for little need is quite sharp, and men have the feeling that the bubble is completely filled. As a rule, a sluggish and weak stream of urine comes out.
- Sexual violation. In the process of the inflammatory process, scars and stagnation form in the prostate. Their presence can provoke a violation of sexual functions. At the initial stage of failure in men, rapid ejaculation can be observed, then an erection becomes weak, a sense of orgasm is felt much weaker. Some patients report pain during ejaculation, and when sperm is released, a man may feel acute pain in the area of the glans penis. These pain sensations are extremely rare, but its occurrence should alert the person.
- Irritability. This condition the man does not attribute to prostatitis, since nervousness is an unfamiliar symptom of chronic prostatitis.
The appearance of pain in the pelvic area indicates a possible development of inflammation
The most serious complication due to chronic prostatitis is the formation of a scar in the prostate gland, followed by wrinkling of the organ. Often during this process, the posterior wall of the bladder is also affected, and this in turn leads to disorders of the urinary system. Often, men are diagnosed with urolithiasis. It depends more on his lifestyle. Therefore, it is very important not to start the inflammatory process in the male organ and, at the slightest manifestation of prostatitis, consult a specialist.
Prostatitis and fever
Usually, if the body temperature rises, men attribute it to fatigue, bad weather, general malaise, flu, and a cold. But not one thinks of deeper reasons. A factor that provokes temperature may be inflammation of the prostate gland.
With this ailment, other “mild” symptoms can also be observed, which are usually ignored by men. Of course, not everyone will run to the doctor with a normal temperature. But if it does not arise alone, but together with other ailments, for example, pain in the urethra, burning sensation during a trip for little need, then you need to urgently consult your doctor. These manifestations in men signal an inflammatory process. As a rule, after examination and passing the necessary tests, a diagnosis is made - prostatitis.
Temperature may fall or rise above normal
The temperature can rise to a subfebrile as well as febrile mark. A too high indicator in the thermometer indicates a purulent inflammatory process that occurs at the initial stage of septic shock. At a late stage, the temperature on the contrary can drop to around 35, which will cause a person to be very weak. Low body temperature is a dangerous moment, since in this condition prostatitis is accompanied by sepsis. In this case, the prognosis is unfavorable.
Therapy and temperature
If treatment of prostatitis has already begun, it is not recommended to interrupt it. It happens that a person skips taking medications, therefore, the effect is reduced. In this case, you should re-examine and take tests for a new treatment regimen.
With the right intake of drugs, a decrease in temperature and an improvement in general condition should be observed on the third day. If all symptoms remain, you should tell your doctor about this. He will decide to replace the drug.
In order for the temperature to drop, you should take the medications prescribed by your doctor
If in the recent past a man took antibiotics in the treatment of a disease, he should also inform the doctor about it. For the treatment of prostatitis, you can not use drugs of a similar group. Such treatment can be addictive to the drug, as a result of which it will cease to help the body fight pathogenic bacteria.
The temperature usually appears if a man exacerbates chronic inflammation. Typically, the thermometer rises to 38 degrees. If chronic prostatitis without pronounced symptoms has been going on for a long time, then body temperature should be at around 37.
Recommendations for the treatment of prostatitis
To alleviate the condition and lower the temperature to 37 with the inflammatory process in the pelvis, you should consume a lot of water. It will be more useful if a man drinks fruit drinks or compote. Do not ignore antipyretic drugs, but only if they were advised by a doctor. In addition, the patient needs peace. It is better to observe bed rest and adhere to proper nutrition. Together with moisture, the entire infection will go through the sweat glands, and the temperature will decline.
Drinking plenty of water will help in the treatment
Only an integrated approach with prostatitis can bring down the temperature.
In the process of the disease, the temperature can reach 40 degrees. This is a direct sign of acute prostatitis. Urologists in these situations prescribe antibiotics for men along with antipyretic drugs.
What other symptoms of prostatitis can be accompanied - you can find out below:
Fever - Frequent concomitant prostatitis. About the background of what forms of the disease the temperature rises, which means this increase, why it can fluctuate, and what needs to be done, read the article.
The prostate is a small gland in men that is part of their reproductive system. In size and shape, the prostate gland resembles a walnut. Since it tends to grow with age, an enlarged prostate can begin to compress the urethra and cause problems with urination. Can there be a temperature with prostatitis? Yes, often manifestations of prostatitis are accompanied by fever the patient.
An increase in temperature to a mark of 39 (40) degrees indicates the presence of serious inflammation in the body (often this is due to development of the abscess and exacerbation of bacterial prostatitis)The patient experiences severe discomfort, acute pain in the groin, perineum, discomfort during the act of defecation, urination is very difficult or impossible, weakness, sweating, intense heat is periodically replaced by chills.
In this case, you should take an antipyretic (aspirin) and immediately seek medical help (best of all call an ambulance) It is impossible to self-medicate when the temperature rises to 39-40 degrees.
Attention! Self-medication and
when the temperature rises to a mark of 40 degrees, it can lead to serious complications of the disease. Contact your urologist immediately.
Temperature with prostatitis in the region of 37-37.2 degrees is normal. Against the background of antibiotic treatment, this is possible, temperature jumps pass within a few months (especially when taking B vitamins, zinc, vitamin C). If the temperature rises to 38-40 degrees, it is important to inform your doctor about this - such a fluctuation may indicate severe inflammation prostate gland (development of an abscess, accumulation of pus).
Attention! If, against the background of the started therapy, no improvement is observed within 3-5 days (maximum week), and the temperature does not drop, it should re-contact the urologist for the selection of other drugs.
Temperature in chronic prostatitis is not a rare occurrence, often it rises to 37.5 degrees. Against the background of acute prostatitis, it can grow up to 40 degrees, in this case, you should immediately contact a urologist. Most often, after undergoing antibiotic treatment, the patient's body temperature returns to normal.
Causes of the disease
The causes of the development of genital inflammation are different. Each of them will often occur throughout the life of a man, so prostatitis can overtake him at any time.
The main causes of inflammation are highlighted:
- The development of infection. Viruses, bacteria and microbes quickly penetrate through the blood stream or lymph nodes into the prostate, which appears when an infection develops in one or more organs that make up the pelvis. These include the bladder, penis, rectum, urethra, and so on. Even at the first stage of the development of inflammation, dangerous microflora can penetrate the prostate gland, causing serious inflammation in it. The main symptom of this process is considered to be an increase in body temperature. That is why the temperature with prostatitis is the main symptom of the development of the disease. Important: it does not mean the development of colds or other types of diseases in the body, this indicator appears only when the body is damaged by bacteria or viruses.
- Weakened immunity. With a quick infection of the body, a weakening of the immune system occurs, which is characterized by the lack of the ability of the immune system to fulfill its direct duties. Along with this, with the development of prostatitis, fever, colds and other diseases can also appear.
- Inactivity. Lack of walking causes a disruption in the functioning of the central nervous system, which leads to disruption of blood flow - this causes oxygen starvation. And this, as you know, disrupts the blood flow in the pelvic organs.
- Impaired blood circulation. This occurs due to stagnation of blood flow in the pelvic organs. The reasons for this phenomenon are the absence of sexual acts, irregular acts, and so on.
Also, the cause of prostatitis is alcohol abuse, which leads to inflammation of the prostate gland. Important: if a man has a fever, this indicates the development of inflammation, and does not show the development of a cold or other diseases.
What are the symptoms of the disease
The prostate is very important for men's health: it liquefies sperm, and also provides vital activity to sperm. In addition, the body is able to control hormonal balance.
Symptoms of the disease include:
- Pain Inflammation of the prostate cavity leads to a severe violation of the blood supply, which leads to oxygen starvation of the tissues of the sex gland. As a result of this, oxidation elements are formed in the male body that cause irritation of the prostate endings. Therefore, the nature and type of pain is difficult to determine - it can be either insignificant or very strong.
- Impaired urination. The manifestation of sharp, frequent and painful urges (about 3 times per hour) indicates the development of prostatitis. In this case, the urine stream is weak and thin. After emptying the bladder, a feeling of fullness remains.
- Lack of orgasm. Since the infection penetrates the cavity of the seminal tubercle, in which the nerves are located, this causes a lack of orgasm. Also, a man can feel pain during ejaculation, which is also considered an alarm.
- Prostatitis and temperature. At the first stage of the development of the pathology, the temperature with prostatitis is 37. However, it will not go astray even when taking medications. Therefore, the question - is there a temperature with the onset of prostatitis, is relevant in the development of this condition.
With the development of the acute form, the patient feels an increase in temperature to 37-40 degrees. In addition, the man feels a fever and general weakness in the body.
After an increase in temperature, painful urination occurs, accompanied by burning, pain in the groin, lower back and perineum.
The acute form of inflammation of the prostate gland requires compulsory treatment, since in an advanced case an abscess develops, leading to an operation, after which sexual life often becomes impaired.
A long absence of treatment leads to the transition of prostatitis into advanced form, which is most dangerous for men's health.
This causes a lot of complications for the body, which include:
- impaired sperm quality,
- lack of erection.
Treatment of inflammation requires considerable psychological, material and time costs, however, a complete recovery of the body leads to the resumption of a normal and familiar life.
A disease such as prostatitis can be of two types - chronic and acute. Heat in chronic prostatitis, like other symptoms, rarely occurs. But in acute form it can be quite strong. Naturally, the onset of heat requires immediate action. But what should a man do when he develops fever with prostatitis? Let's get it right.
How to respond when increased
Most often, the male body temperature in acute form can be subfebrile. How much it? In the region of 37 degrees. This temperature is unpleasant, but not critical and does not even require particularly complex treatment. If a man does not know that he has prostatitis, and only notes an increase in the thermometer to 37 degrees, then he can attribute this to poisoning or flu.
High temperature (above 37 degrees) with prostatitis occurs as a reaction to inflammation and suppuration of the tissues of the prostate gland - it is at this moment that the man’s body experiences septic shock, which manifests itself in the form of heat. In this case, the readings of the thermometer can quickly jump to 38-39 degrees, and the condition of men will become very serious.
The development in men of prostatitis complicated by high fever is characterized by the stage of the disease:
- Catarrhal stage, at which there is a violation of the lymphatic and blood outflow. The body temperature of a man increases to 37-38 °.
- The follicular stage of prostatitis, in which there is a rapid increase in the level of white blood cells. The temperature may be normal, but may increase. Other symptoms at this stage are aching pain in the groin, especially worse when going to the toilet, frequent urination.
- The parenchymal stage of prostatitis is always characterized by a strong temperature - 39 degrees or higher. Moreover, the heat lasts a long time. In addition, at this stage of prostatitis, inflammation spreads to surrounding tissues, so the pain becomes even stronger.
Is there a drop?
With the disease, the temperature can both increase and decrease.
With prostatitis, the temperature can be not only high, but also low. And by the way, lowering is a more dangerous symptom. The temperature becomes less than 36 degrees in the late stage of septic shock when DIC occurs (disseminated intravascular coagulation). The prognosis of prostatitis complicated by sepsis in the presence of DIC is often unfavorable, therefore, it is necessary to respond to a decrease immediately.
If a man noticed that his temperature drops sharply, experiences general weakness, dizziness, faints, abdominal and perineal pains became very strong - you need to call an ambulance. With prostatitis, this means a purulent rupture, which with untimely provision of medical care can be fatal.
What to do
Treatment is determined by the nature of the symptoms of prostatitis. As already mentioned, a change in body temperature may differ in different forms of prostatitis. Therefore, it is possible to stabilize the state with different drugs.
For example, if there is a low-grade fever with prostatitis (up to 37 degrees), then the doctor does not load the patient with a large number of drugs - the body is able to cope itself. A man is prescribed mild antibiotics that eliminate the focus of infection. Antipyretic drugs are given only if the indicators on the thermometer continue to grow and become more than 38.
Only a doctor should select drugs. This is due to the fact that the simultaneous administration of several drugs at once (and a complex of drugs is always taken in the treatment of prostatitis) can have a detrimental effect on the body.
For the selection of drugs for treatment, consult your doctor for advice.
Additional measures to alleviate the condition of men with prostatitis who have a fever may include:
- Change in water regime. With increasing temperature, a man should drink as much water as possible. It is also recommended to drink herbal tea, fruit drink, beetroot, carrot or tomato juice every hour.
- Change in nutrition. At the time of treatment, you should go on a sparing diet, which includes healthy dishes for patients with prostatitis. At high temperatures, it is recommended to take chicken and potato broths, rye crackers, warm vegetable stews and mashed potatoes, boiled meat, eggs.
- Bed rest. During the heat, the body is weakened, so a lying regime is required (until the doctor allows you to return to normal activity).
With the right intake of drugs and following all the doctor's recommendations, a decrease in temperature and an improvement in the general condition should be observed for 3-4 days. If after this time the condition has not returned to normal, you need to tell your doctor about this. The specialist will find out the reason why the patient’s condition has remained unchanged, and will choose a medicine that is more suitable for this case, which will help lower the temperature.
Finally, recall: an increase or decrease in temperature is a bad signal, especially if they do not occur separately, but together with other symptoms (for example, pain, pain and burning in the abdomen or groin, frequent trips to little need). If you have any ailments, you should urgently consult your doctor - the specialist will clarify the diagnosis, find out the stage of prostatitis and prescribe the correct treatment.
Any doctor will offer you a number of ways to treat prostatitis, from trivial and ineffective to radical
- You can regularly take therapy with pills and rectal massage, returning every six months,
- you can trust folk remedies and believe in miracles,
- to have surgery and forget about sex life ...
Now you know if fever occurs with prostatitis, and what causes it can cause. It is worth recalling that treating prostatitis on your own is strictly prohibited. Taking antipyretic drugs will only temporarily lower the temperature, unpleasant symptoms will return again after a certain time.
Summing up, I want to note that prostatitis is a disease that requires effective treatment. During the illness, the patient's temperature can rise up to 40 degrees. This symptom is an indicator of exacerbation of pathology. Specialists, in most cases, prescribe antibiotic therapy to patients in combination with antipyretic drugs. The disease is not recommended to be carried on legs. A strict bed rest, diet and proper rest are required. Watch your health and seek help from a urologist in time!
Causes of temperature with prostatitis
An increase in temperature in acute and chronic form occurs if the disease has an infectious nature, but the severity of symptoms will be different. As a rule, in chronic prostatitis, the indicator stays in the region of 37.1-38 ° C, that is, within subfebrile values.
Exacerbation of chronic bacterial prostatitis can be accompanied by a fairly high body temperature, in the region of 38 ° C and above. The main cause of such symptoms is a pronounced inflammatory process that occurs in the prostate gland with bacterial prostatitis.
Pathology without temperature usually occurs in those patients in whom the inflammatory process arose against a background of age-related changes. In this case, an infectious agent is not observed in the prostate gland, and its function is impaired due to poor blood circulation and outflow of prostatic juice. Such a disease is called congestive prostatitis.
If the patient is worried about a very high temperature, then it may indicate the development of another pathology, for example:
- pyelonephritis due to the spread of infection in the kidneys,
- cystitis if the infection got into the bladder,
- the development of cancer
- other infectious diseases
- ARI and ARVI,
- endocrine pathologies,
- autoimmune diseases and so on.
Any of these pathologies requires the attention of a narrow specialist.
A lower temperature reading may also occur. In this case, the thermometer stops at a value of 35 ° C, such a symptom may indicate a chronic course or the development of severe complications. At a low temperature, the patient will be disturbed by weakness, and improvement will come after complex therapy.
What to do with temperature?
In most cases, patients start taking antipyretic drugs immediately, which, of course, eases the condition, normalizes the temperature level, but does not solve the problem.
What temperature is considered critical and requires medical intervention? Let's figure it out together!
If the temperature regime of the body fluctuates in the region from 37.5 to 38.5 degrees, then taking medications to relieve heat is contraindicated. This temperature is called "subfebrile", it does not harm the body, but acts for the good. During this period, there is an active struggle, the body works independently, developing its capabilities.
If you take a pill, then the next time the temperature increase period will go even harder, the body will stop counteracting infectious agents, the level of protection will go down.
In this condition, it is necessary:
- Avoid body warming. Try to wear a minimum of clothing, instead of a blanket, cover yourself with a light sheet.The exception is the situation when a person feels a chill, it literally "freezes",
- It is recommended to make light grindings with warm water. If the manipulations do not give the desired effect, it is allowed to dilute the alcohol with water in a ratio of 1 to 1, rub the area of the elbows, knees, temples, chest, back, neck,
- The room where the patient is located should be regularly ventilated, wet-cleaned,
- It is necessary to make regular measurements of body temperature, to prevent the onset of an increase.
If the fever reaches 38.5 and higher, then you should take an antipyretic, wait thirty-five minutes, put a thermometer on the armpit. As a rule, the result is visible after 25 minutes.
This will facilitate well-being, prevent the appearance of dryness on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, and reduce the temperature.
The most common signs of the disease are: frequent and unbearable urges to empty the bladder, burning sensation and pain during urination, difficulty in this process, a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, pain in the pelvic area, in the groin and lower back.
This disease is characterized by the presence of purulent foci in the prostate. The condition occurs if treatment is started.
Among the symptoms there is an increase in temperature up to 39 degrees. Moreover, it is accompanied by a feeling of chills.
This symptom occurs with an acute form of prostatitis and is considered a certain signal to start treatment. With well-chosen drugs, the temperature regime of the body drops to normal levels - 36.7 degrees.
In acute diffuse
Some people prefer not to go to doctors because they believe that they are able to overcome the disease on their own.
As a rule, most men with prostatitis decide to take antibiotics on their own.
As a result, temporary relief of the general condition occurs. But, despite this, hidden processes occur in the body at this time.
Minor purulent foci gradually merge into one. Then the cellular structures of the epithelium swell, thereby clogging the excretory ducts. In this process, the temperature can rise to 40 degrees.
Temperature and related symptoms in acute prostatitis
How long the temperature with prostatitis lasts depends on the stage of the disease and on whether it is treated or not. In a chronic course, the indicator 37.1-37.2 ° C can last for a single day, but for several weeks or months. If there is no competent therapy, then the low-grade fever will last for years.
In addition to the temperature in chronic prostatitis, the patient will also be disturbed by such symptoms:
- violation of the urination process, the patient can not pee normally, urine is allocated dropwise,
- disturbed by weak aching pains in the groin,
- pain occurs with ejaculation,
- in patients of an older age group, erectile dysfunction is often observed.
In acute prostatitis, the temperature may rise suddenly, and it will disappear only after proper treatment. If the patient has not consulted a doctor and has not been treated, the disease is likely to go into a chronic stage. In acute course, there are other symptoms:
- severe pain in the groin, which gives into the rectum, in the perineum,
- severe pain during urination and ejaculation,
- violation of urination, urinary retention is possible.
In addition to specific signs of prostate inflammation, against the background of high fever, symptoms such as headache, weakness, decreased performance, dizziness, lack of appetite, and irritability occur.
In the absence of proper therapy, acute prostatitis gradually turns into chronic. This trend is characterized by periodicity of signs.
Outside the stage of exacerbation, unwanted symptoms are completely absent or mild.
With an exacerbation of the inflammatory process in the prostate, the symptoms of the disease return. The temperature regime of the body can reach a mark of 39.5 degrees.
How to bring down the temperature with prostatitis
What to do if the temperature reaches 38 degrees and above, it is better to ask your doctor. The specialist will be able to accurately determine the cause of such a high temperature and prescribe adequate treatment. For example, if the patient himself decides that he has a temperature due to inflammation of the prostate gland, and in fact the renal pathology will be the cause of high rates, it is possible to develop renal failure.
You need to know how to bring down the temperature so as not to harm the body. Without examination, it is impossible to accurately diagnose and prescribe the correct therapy. Since the increased indicator on the thermometer is a consequence of the underlying disease, its symptom cannot be cured with one antipyretic. Treatment should be comprehensive, and antibiotics are prescribed first.
If the patient does not go to the doctor, but takes antipyretic and painkillers on his own, he should be prepared for the transition of the disease into a chronic form, constant pain, impotence and urinary incontinence.
The complex treatment of acute bacterial prostatitis consists of the following measures:
- Prescribe sexual rest, bed rest, light and balanced nutrition.
- To eliminate the infection, antibiotics are selected, depending on the pathogen.
- To bring down the temperature, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are shown, for example, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, the drug may be in the form of a rectal suppository,
- To improve the outflow of urine, alpha-blockers are prescribed, for example, Omnic,
- In complex therapy, dietary supplements and natural preparations are shown, for example, Prostamol, Prostatilen.
After stopping the acute process, physiotherapy, physiotherapy exercises, and prostate massage are prescribed.
If a man has been worried about subfebrile condition for months, then his working capacity is reduced, his general condition is worsening, his strength is declining. Such consequences can be prevented if preventive measures are observed:
- At the first signs of inflammation, you need to see a doctor, and not wait for severe symptoms. In acute prostatitis, the temperature can rise in a matter of hours, you should not constantly lower it with improvised means, the treatment should be comprehensive.
- It is recommended to avoid promiscuous sexual intercourse and anal sex without a condom to reduce the risk of infection.
- You need to eat right, strengthen immunity.
- To avoid relapse, you need to avoid hypothermia and colds.
Men of any age need to monitor their health and regularly visit an andrologist for prevention.
What is dangerous prostatitis?
The consequences caused by prostatitis depend on the age at which treatment was started and the stage of the disease. The acute form of bacterial prostatitis in advanced cases can cause various complications:
- chronic or acute cystitis,
- epididymorchitis and other inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system,
- the transition of the acute form of prostatitis to chronic,
- problems with urination, the appearance of stones in the prostate gland,
- sclerosis, fibrosis, prostate adenoma,
- renal failure, impaired renal function,
- the formation of stones in the bladder, kidneys or urethra,
- impotence, problems with erection,
- violation of ejaculation,
- infertility and decreased libido,
- prostate cancer.
Potency problems, disorders of the genitourinary system and sexual dysfunction can cause the development of psychological disorders, complications in family life. Constant stress leads to neurosis, significantly worsening the quality of life.
Why does the temperature occur with prostatitis?
Like any inflammatory process, bacterial prostatitis can be accompanied by hyperthermia. Depending on the individual characteristics of the patient, the indicator is in the range of 37–38 ° C. A higher temperature is a symptom of an associated pathology. It can be:
- ARVI and ARI,
- malignant neoplasm,
- autoimmune diseases
- endocrine pathologies,
- other infections.
In chronic prostatitis, the temperature is both elevated and low. At a low temperature, the patient is worried about sweating, weakness, drowsiness, lethargy, tremors and tachycardia, which in the absence of complex therapy can last for years.
In addition, the following symptoms may occur:
- drip urine,
- painful ejaculation
- groin pain
- erectile disfunction.
Acute prostatitis is characterized by a sudden increase in temperature, which can also be accompanied by severe pain in the inguinal region, extending to the perineum and rectum. In addition to the specific signs of inflammation of the prostate gland against the background of high temperature, which occurs with prostatitis, working capacity decreases, weakness, headache, dizziness occur, as well as irritability and loss of appetite. Genital organs and perineum can be painful, burning sensation can be felt.
Fever is just a symptom, and eliminating it will not lead to healing. It is important to understand the reason for the occurrence of hyperthermia, and with the help of a doctor begin the correct treatment. An antipyretic agent is not able to eliminate the underlying disease, because the temperature is not its cause, but a consequence.
Self-medication carries significant risks. So, for example, the cause of fever may be renal failure, and not inflammation of the prostate gland. And if you do not make the correct diagnosis in time, you can cause harm to the body.
Regardless of what the temperature is with prostatitis, the constant use of painkillers and antipyretics erases the clinical picture of the disease, contributing to its transition to a chronic form, the appearance of urinary incontinence, impotence and constant pain. If a high fever occurs with prostatitis, any medications should be taken only after consulting a doctor. Most often, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Naproxen) or rectal suppositories are prescribed.
When can I bring down the temperature?
An increase in temperature is a natural reaction of the body to inflammation and suppuration of tissues. Experiencing septic shock, the body of a man responds to infectious and inflammatory processes with hyperthermia. In acute prostatitis, the temperature can rise to 39 ° C, in chronic more often there is a lower value ─ 37–37.5 ° C.
It is believed that until the thermometer reaches 38.1 ° C, it is not necessary to bring down the temperature so as not to interfere with the body's struggle with the infectious pathogen. At higher values, taking antipyretic drugs is recommended.
Depending on the main active ingredient that is part of the antipyretic, these medications can be divided into 4 groups.
- Drugs containing paracetamol. They have high efficiency, but badly affect the liver and excretory system. Not recommended for prostatitis.
- Preparations containing ibuprofen. According to doctors, the safest of all drugs in this pharmaceutical group. They have antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects. Side effects of a dyspeptic nature are possible.
- Preparations containing acetylsalicylic acid. Negatively affect the stomach, respiratory, cardiovascular and excretory systems.
- Preparations containing metamizole sodium (tempalgin, analgin, etc.). Antipyretic ability is low, reception is not recommended.
Absolutely all antipyretic drugs have contraindications, so their intake must be agreed with the attending physician, who will determine exactly whether it is worth lowering the temperature.
A situation may arise that the medicine will not give the proper result and the temperature will continue to rise. Many are lost in such circumstances, begin to panic.
What to do if a man has a fever above 39.5 with prostatitis?
- Urgently take an antipyretic. It is important to note that the break between medication should be at least three hours,
- Call emergency doctors
- Strip the patient as much as possible,
- Wipe the patient regularly
- Make a cool compress on your forehead.
What are the consequences of fever with prostatitis?
- Serious disorders of the urinary system,
- Weakness, lethargy,
- Impaired consciousness
A competent doctor will necessarily prescribe complex therapy, which will include not only antipyretic, but also anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, restorative, sometimes antibacterial medicines.
Medical help, when to contact?
If temperature occurs, there is a reason to seek qualified medical help. Self-medication and ignoring the symptoms of prostate inflammation in men (pain, discomfort, etc.) can cause serious complications: cystitis, pyelonephritis, vesiculitis, prostate adenoma or malignant neoplasms.
Heat with prostatitis is a question that the attending physician will answer. In order not to start the disease, you must make an appointment with a urologist or andrologist and undergo an initial examination, including a rectal examination, ultrasound of the pelvic organs and prostate gland, bacteriological culture of prostate secretion. Drug therapy eliminates congestion, normalizes the secretion of the prostate gland and the blood circulation of the genitourinary system.
SMART-PROST - a physiotherapeutic apparatus for the prevention of prostatitis
Physiotherapeutic apparatus "SMART-PROST" is an effective tool for the treatment of chronic prostatitis of various etiologies and associated diseases of the prostate gland. Thanks to magnetic, infrared and thermal effects, microcirculation in the prostate gland and surrounding organs improves, the regeneration process is stimulated, muscle sphincters are strengthened and congestion in the prostate is reduced.
The maximum result is achieved with the integrated use of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents, blockers of α1-adrenergic receptors, immunomodulators and other drugs.
- increase in average and maximum speed of urination,
- a decrease in the volume of residual urine in the bladder,
- a significant reduction in the symptoms of the disease (reduction of pain and dysuric manifestations),
- a decrease in the number of leukocytes in the secretion of the prostate gland.
There are certain indications for the use of the physiotherapy apparatus "SMART-PROST". These include urethroprostatitis, prostate vesiculitis, chronic prostatitis of various etiologies and impaired copulative function. The device is not used for acute prostatitis, oncological diseases of the rectum, as well as for exacerbation of chronic prostatitis in the phase of an increase in the symptoms of the disease, active tuberculosis or suspected tuberculosis of the prostate. To get acquainted with the SMART-PROST device.
SMART-PROST is an affordable and effective device for the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system. The timely appointment of physiotherapy in combination with taking medications guarantees a quick result and a significant improvement in health status.
When can I shoot down?
All attempts to lower body temperature with drugs give only a short-term result. It is important to eliminate the cause of this ailment.
The only thing when to bring down the temperature is when the thermometer column shows 40 degrees.
To do this, you need to drink Paracetamol or Aspirin.
A practicing dermatovenerologist about a fever with prostatitis and other symptoms of this ailment:
Do not treat prostatitis on your own. Taking certain anti-fever medications has a short-lived effect. These drugs will not help permanently eliminate the source of inflammation, so you need to seek qualified help on time.