How does riding a bicycle or exercise bike with prostatitis and adenoma
Everyone knows that playing sports is good for your health. Running, gymnastics, cycling, exercises in the gym - any physical activity gives a beautiful figure, freedom of movement and good mood. But many men have doubts: is cycling harmful or beneficial for prostatitis? Indeed, for a large number of representatives of the stronger sex, this is both pleasure and lifestyle.
It would seem that any sport stimulates blood circulation, relieving severe symptoms. For example, running with chronic prostatitis is recommended by almost all urologists. But on the issue with the bicycle, there are completely opposite opinions of specialists, and the disease can be in different stages. Some doctors believe that such activities are dangerous, others are convinced that the bicycle is useful for the prevention of prostatitis. And before you get on a two-wheeled vehicle, having such a disease, you need to familiarize yourself with all the rules and possible risks. Then cycling will be a really pleasant pastime and help to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Why does prostatitis occur?
Prostatitis appears when a man's secretory ducts are clogged, so the prostate gland becomes inflamed. There are several reasons for the violation of blood circulation:
- sedentary and sedentary lifestyle,
- infectious diseases - most often urological and genital, less often - tonsillitis, flu or tuberculosis,
- bacteria in the intestines or on the skin,
- injuries of organs and tissues of the pelvis and regular hypothermia,
- too violent sexual activity and interrupted sexual intercourse.
These factors, as a rule, lead to disruption of the hormonal system, nervous exhaustion and decreased potency.
Symptoms of prostatitis
The course of the disease is accompanied by the following factors:
- Violation of the urinary system. There are pains in the lower abdomen, the man experiences frequent and painful urges to go to the toilet, and after that - a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- Disorder of sexual function. During the act, a man experiences pain along the urethra and rectum, erectile function is impaired, there is no orgasm and more.
- Increased anxiety and nervousness. This is due to the appearance of incomprehensible symptoms in the patient.
According to doctors, in the acute period, prostatitis is manifested by high body temperature (up to 39-40 degrees), difficulty urinating.
The chronic form proceeds more calmly and imperceptibly, but we must not forget that exacerbation can happen at any time.
What is the effect on the prostate gland?
Cycling affects the prostate gland both in a positive and negative way.
First of all, riding a bicycle with prostatitis is possible only with the successful course of drug treatment. This is due to increased blood flow. With bacterial prostatitis, if the immune system and antibiotics do not cope with the infection, with the stimulation of blood circulation, bacteria can penetrate into adjacent tissues and organs, exacerbating the course of the disease. With abacterial prostatitis or prostate adenoma, increased blood circulation can aggravate stagnant processes. If the treatment of diseases of the prostate gland is successful, increased blood flow becomes a positive factor.
Secondly, cycling helps with prostatitis only with a saddle that takes into account the anatomy of the male perineum. Otherwise, during skating, a large load on the prostate area occurs. This provokes stagnant processes and contributes to the formation of microtraumas. When overweight, these factors are further exacerbated. A bicycle is useful for the prostate if trips take place regularly and are limited in time, because the longer the ride, the greater the load on the perineum.
Bicycle and prostatitis prophylaxis are also possible if there are suitable circumstances for riding. The most important are the nature of the coating and weather conditions.
Uneven trails, the presence of pits on the road or knolls contribute to sharp shocks in the perineum, which causes injuries, which are manifested by the appearance of inflammation. The bicycle has a positive effect on the prostate if the walks are carried out in parks with smooth paths or on special tracks. Extreme riding, professional racing or riding in the mountains have a dramatically negative effect.
Weather conditions and the right choice of clothes also play a significant role. Even a slight breeze on a sunny day leads to a rapid decrease in body temperature (which rises slightly, because the cyclist is subjected to physical activity). Temperature differences, and even more so undercooling, are one of the factors provoking the appearance of prostatitis and prostate adenomas.
Another factor in which the bicycle is harmful to the prostate is too frequent riding, because even under good conditions for it, micro-injuries still occur. If the body is weakened or the regenerative processes slow down - they will lead to inflammation.
You can ride a bicycle with prostatitis and prostate adenoma only under the following conditions:
- Diseases are in remission.
- There is a saddle of the correct anatomical design.
- Approval of the treating urologist has been obtained, an adequate duration of the ride has been assigned (examination by several doctors may be prescribed).
- There is a flat track.
- Weather conditions and equipment to avoid sudden changes in body temperature.
Exercise bike with prostatitis is also able to provide both benefit and harm.
The positive effects include weight loss, prevention of physical inactivity (sedentary lifestyle), improved lung and cardiovascular systems.
However, most often, such devices are equipped with a universal saddle, which has an extremely negative effect on men's health. Often this can be seen in cheap models, in addition, it is not always possible to replace it and install a suitable one.
Cycling with prostate cancer is strictly prohibited and is replaced by an exercise that is suitable for diseases of prostatitis and adenoma. It is performed as follows:
- You need to lie on your back on a mat or bedding.
- Feet raise up.
- Perform movements that mimic the rotation of the pedals.
It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvic area and is often prescribed for the treatment of prostate diseases.
When the prostate of the body is in perfect order, moderate riding will not cause it any harm. But we must not forget that while riding, one way or another, happens pressure on the prostate. The high intensity of this effect can be harmful to health.
Intensity depends on several factors:
- Saddle shape. If it is made without taking into account the anatomical features of the man’s body, its negative impact will be obvious.
In turn, health promotion will contribute to cycling along the flat paths in the park.
If the pressure on the male organs is too high, there is a risk prostate injury and urethra. Excessively frequent driving slightly damages the structure of the prostate, but this is what can lead to the appearance and subsequent development chronic prostatitis.
For example, may begin gland inflammationsubsequently injuring nearby tissue.
Before you start cycling with prostate, Be sure to undergo examination by several specialists: cardiologist, urologist and attending physician. Doctors should evaluate the patient’s condition and either completely prohibit this physical activity, or recommend a certain intensity of travel and their frequency.
Exist and strict contraindications for bike rides:
- Cycling is harmful for men with cardiovascular disease.
- Skating prohibited chronic form of the disease. This can cause blood stasis in the prostate gland.
What happens to an inflamed prostate when cycling?
While driving to the body, the blood rushes stronger and stagnation is prevented. Everything seems to be in order, but in fact, an incorrectly selected bicycle can injure the prostate and have a negative effect on the inflows. As a result, iron becomes inflamed and blocks the ureter. Improper cycling can lead to problems such as:
- pain during an erection,
- testicular inversion
- disappearance of penis sensitivity,
- violation of potency.
When is skiing harmful?
If the man’s prostate is in perfect order, moderate cycling is unlikely to cause damage to his health. However, during skating on the body there is a fairly strong pressure, which is completely unprofitable. The intensity of the impact of the bicycle on the prostate during riding depends on the following factors:
- Overweight. The greater the body weight of a man, the more strongly all internal organs are compressed, including the prostate.
- Saddle shape. A negative effect is exerted by the uncomfortable seat of a bicycle made without taking into account the anatomical features of the body.
- Driving style. The bruises, pits on the roads, professional races and rapid descents from the mountains, as well as immoderate exercises on the simulator can do most harm to the prostate.
In these cases, the pressure on the male organs is so strong that the urethra and prostate are injured. Cycling too often can contribute to the development of chronic prostatitis. Correspondingly, measured cycling along flat park paths will be more useful and health promoting.
In addition, deciding to take up cycling, it is important for men to consult a cardiologist, urologist and therapist. Specialists should give an objective assessment of the state of health and their conclusion whether it is possible to ride a bicycle with prostatitis. As well as doctors will help to draw up a lesson plan and determine the intensity of the loads.
How to reduce risk
To increase the safety of bike rides, the following recommendations should be followed:
- Choose an anatomical bicycle saddle for men (contains a recess or cut in the crotch area, does not crush).
- Make trips no longer than 2-3 hours. Take breaks every half hour for 5 minutes.
- Choose routes with good coverage.
- Drive out in warm, calm weather.
- Carefully choose clothing (good sweat and heat).
- Keep a moderate pace during the trip.
How to minimize risks?
And yet, you should not draw definite conclusions and completely abandon your favorite bike. Even experts are not categorically against riding the Iron Horse. Of course, to some extent, cycling affects the occurrence of blood stasis in men. However, there is no direct evidence that this is what causes prostatitis. But do not forget about other preventive measures. After all, walking and morning jogging perfectly protect the male body from prostatitis.
It is extremely important at the slightest manifestations of the disease to immediately contact a urologist. After the examination, the doctor can allow riding, subject to simple rules:
- Cycling should be short.
- It is undesirable to go on long cycling trips.
- Every 30 minutes you need to take breaks.
- No need to drive too fast and practice steep climbs or steep descents. The pace should be moderate.
- It is better to avoid broken roads, bumps and various bumps.
- Care must be taken not to fall off the bicycle. As a result of strokes, the male genital organs can lose sensitivity, and the scrotum tissue undergo changes. All this entails the development of various pathologies.
- For riding, you need to choose the right anatomical saddle.
What is prostatitis
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the tissues of the prostate gland, in which there is a blockage of the ducts of the organ. The disease can occur both in acute and in chronic form. The following negative factors contribute to the onset of the inflammatory process:
- long work in a sitting position,
- excess weight,
- chronic infections
- the penetration of pathogens into the prostate,
- hypothermia of the lower body and limbs,
- genital and pelvic bone injuries,
- hormonal disorders.
With inflammation of the prostate gland, the patient complains of pain in the perineum, frequent urination, a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder, weakening potency. In acute form, this disease is accompanied by a sharp deterioration in well-being and high fever. In the absence of proper treatment, the disease quickly passes into the chronic stage.
So are cycling and prostatitis compatible? This type of physical activity can bring both benefit and harm. Consider in detail the pros and cons of cycling.
Usually the standard bike design is harmful. The narrow and long saddle contributes to the violation of blood circulation, the mere appearance of which causes fear and discomfort for many. If you rely on the opinion of specialists, and not on your own speculation, riding a two-wheeled vehicle should not cause any harm.
The movement causes a powerful flow of blood to the gland, and its withdrawal is disturbed due to the strong compression of the organ. Stagnant and inflammatory processes occur. Riding an iron horse can be dangerous for chronic prostatitis.
The most important factor in reducing the load on iron is the purchase of the right transport. Consider the size of the frame, the shape and structure of the saddle. Moreover, in sports stores there is no shortage of components for bicycles, so replacing any parts will not be difficult. And first of all, it is necessary to install a saddle with a recess or a special neckline and the shortest protrusion.
It is important to pay attention to personal feelings while riding. When numbness and inconvenience occur, it is either worth replacing or adjusting the saddle. When riding, it is advisable to periodically raise to remove the load from the prostate and allow the blood to move away from the pelvic area. It will be useful to use special clothing. There are cycling shorts with a padding that significantly reduces pressure on problem areas.
An alternate prevention of prostatitis will be the alternation of cycling with other activities, such as jogging or swimming.
It turns out that, following the recommendations of specialists, a bicycle for the prostate, especially for a healthy one, is not at all dangerous. In any case, moderate cycling will relieve physical inactivity, stabilize the flow of arterial blood, and help cope with overweight and congestion in the pelvic area.
Exercise with prostatitis and therapeutic exercises have the same effect. And, of course, using a bicycle without fanaticism serves as an excellent prevention of this male disease, as well as many others. But during an exacerbation of two-wheeled skating, it is better to refuse and seek treatment from a doctor. In any case, a sedentary lifestyle and a lack of desire to play sports much faster leads to the development of inflammatory processes and stagnation than regular physical activity.
During cycling, there is stimulation of the prostate gland. This is accompanied by the following processes:
- Improved blood circulation. Blood rushes to the prostate gland. This contributes to a more rapid relief of inflammation in the body.
- Accelerated metabolism in the prostate. It also relieves pain and inflammation.
- Outflow of lymphatic fluid from the gland. This helps reduce prostate edema.
- Active oxygen supply to the pelvic organs. This improves tissue nutrition and promotes faster healing.
Is it always possible to ride a bicycle with prostatitis? Is this activity harmful or beneficial? Cycling is recommended only during the recovery period after acute prostatitis. You can start classes after normalizing the temperature and general well-being, as well as after stopping a strong pain syndrome.
When cycling is bad
Cycling and prostatitis are incompatible if the patient does not follow the necessary precautions. If you drive incorrectly, excessive pressure is created on the prostate gland. This exacerbates the stagnation of lymph and leads to increased pain. Also, excessive exposure to an inflamed organ can lead to the transition of acute prostatitis to a chronic form.
The damage to cycling with prostatitis is due to the following factors:
- inconvenience of sitting
- overweight patient
- hypothermia during the trip,
- too intense loads
- poor road conditions.
In all these cases, a lot of pressure is created on the prostate, which contributes to the exacerbation of pain. Hypothermia during a walk can cause serious complications such as cystitis or pyelonephritis.
In what cases is inflammation of the prostate and cycling absolutely incompatible? Completely abandon cycling is necessary in the following cases:
- In the chronic form of prostatitis, cycling is strictly contraindicated. This activity can increase swelling of the organ and lead to an exacerbation of the disease.
- In the initial stage of acute prostatitis, cycling should be completely abandoned. This period of the disease is often accompanied by poor health and fever. The patient is advised to observe bed rest. You can resume cycling only after stopping the acute symptoms of the disease.
- If a man suffers not only prostatitis, but also cardiovascular diseases, then cycling is contraindicated.
In case of chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend replacing skating with exercise "bicycle". It is necessary to lie on your back and make movements with your feet that resemble pressing a pedal. This helps to improve blood circulation in the prostate. There is no saddle pressure on the inflamed gland.
Often patients ask the question: is it possible to exercise on an exercise bike with prostatitis? Contraindications to such training are the same as when riding a bicycle. Training on simulators is possible only during the recovery period after acute prostatitis and with good health. In this case, the load must be limited. In all other cases, training in the gym must be replaced by performing the exercise "bike" at home.
How to reduce harm
So we found that cycling and prostatitis are completely compatible concepts. But only under the condition that the patient does not have absolute contraindications to cycling. Therefore, before skiing, you must consult your doctor-urologist.
How not to harm yourself while riding? It is necessary to exclude excessive pressure on the inflamed gland. To do this, you must adhere to the following rules:
- choose a comfortable saddle
- correctly dose the intensity of the loads,
- choose the right place for cycling,
- avoid injuries
- dress according to the weather.
Consider these recommendations in more detail.
Choose a seat
The choice of saddles for a bicycle must be approached with all responsibility. After all, it is the seat that creates pressure on the area of the prostate gland. The following characteristics must be considered:
- Form. It is necessary to choose a saddle with a recess. This will reduce the mechanical effect on the diseased organ. It is also useful to purchase a saddle without a nose; it slightly reduces the risk of tissue trauma.
- The size. Better to use a small seat. A large saddle contributes to pressure on the organ and obstruction of the ducts of the gland.
- Rigidity. In no case should you use soft seats. The saddle should be stiff enough.
- Frame size. This bike element should fit your height. Otherwise, a bike ride can turn into not only exacerbation of prostatitis, but also pain in the knees and spine.
During the trip you need to listen to your feelings. If there is discomfort in the perineum, it is necessary to replace the seat with a more comfortable one. It is also recommended that while riding periodically lift above the saddle. It is useful to purchase special padded cycling shorts. Such equipment will reduce pressure on the sore spot.
Is it possible to ride a bicycle with prostatitis for a long time? Bicycle trips over long distances should be postponed until complete recovery. Even if the saddle is selected taking into account all parameters, it creates pressure on the prostate. This effect should not be too long.
During the illness, it is allowed to take calm and short bike rides. Only in this case will they be beneficial. The total duration of riding should not exceed 1-1.5 hours. In this case, you should take a short break every 30 minutes.
Extreme sports enthusiasts often ask a question: is it possible to ride a bicycle for mountain tourism with prostatitis? Cross-country travel is absolutely contraindicated during illness. On steep descents and ascents, the pressure on the iron increases sharply. Therefore, you can ride only on flat terrain.
Driving along bumps and rocky roads should also be avoided. This creates shaking while riding and increases the risk of tissue trauma. You need to choose a flat and smooth asphalt for riding.
It is very important to avoid falls. During prostatitis, there is an increased risk of injury to the pelvic organs. Even small bruises of the lower body can lead to complications of the disease. Therefore, during illness, you should not arrange high-speed bicycle races.
Any hypothermia with prostatitis is very dangerous. Therefore, the legs and pelvis should be kept warm.
Cycling with prostatitis: harm
There is no consensus on what the harm of a bicycle to men consists of among scientists. At risk are mainly professional athletes who spend 5-10 hours daily in the saddle. With short walks or normalized activities on an exercise bike, problems most often do not arise.
According to studies by European urologists, regular cycling can lead to the development of prostatitis. With a long stay in the saddle, blood vessels and soft tissues in the inguinal region are constricted, which often leads to an increase in the size of the prostate gland. She, in turn, blocks the movement of urine through the urethra and disrupts blood circulation in the genitals.
The problem is solved with the help of competent selection of the saddle. The main load when riding a bicycle should be on the ischial bones, and not on the soft tissues. Therefore, the saddle must be sufficiently rigid and narrow. If it is too large and soft, the pressure is partially transferred to the front of the testicles.
For prostatitis sufferers, the seat is made with special recesses or even a hole in the middle. Additionally, it is equipped with soft elements to reduce the effects of shaking when driving. The tip of the saddle is recommended to be slightly tilted down to properly distribute the load.
Riding a bicycle is contraindicated in case of exacerbation of prostatitis. In the chronic stage of the disease, doctors recommend limiting oneself to cycling for 30-40 minutes a day.
Special attention should be paid to the risk of testicular overheating. Excessive heat generated in the scrotum can lead to poor sperm quality and even infertility. Therefore, professional cyclists use special overalls, where soft tissues are used in the inguinal region, providing good ventilation.
In the cold season, it is necessary, on the contrary, to warm up. It is recommended to wear thermal underwear and a warm tracksuit. In cold weather, additional protection for the face is required.
Mountain bikers and cross-country riders are at increased risk.
When driving over rough terrain, the soft tissue of the scrotum is constantly exposed to bruises and micro-injuries. As a result, the number of sperm is reduced, the development of oncological complications is not excluded.
Why cycling is good for men
Consider the benefits of cycling for men. Such training has more advantages than possible risks. Cycling strengthens the vascular system, increases muscle mass, normalizes metabolism and helps to fight excess weight.
First of all, cycling is an excellent cardio training. Regular riding trains the heart muscle, strengthens blood vessels, helps to saturate the body with oxygen and other beneficial substances. In this sense, cycling is not inferior to such aerobic exercises as running or swimming.
Cycling significantly strengthens the muscles. In particular, this applies to the calf, hip muscle groups, and the press. At the same time, the strength and elasticity of the ligaments and joints increases. Therefore, doctors recommend cycling for the treatment and prevention of osteoarthritis.
Riding a bicycle has a positive effect on hormones. When cyclic loads endorphins are produced, which increase mood and make a person happier. At the same time, the level of cortisol, the stress hormone, decreases in the blood. Specialists often recommend cycling to combat depression.
Regular physical activity is an excellent substitute for expensive potency remedies. According to research by American scientists, it prolongs a man's sex life for several years. Permanent cycling activities stimulate blood circulation in the pelvic and genital area. As a result, the risk of impotence is significantly reduced.
Cycling stimulates the brain and improves memory. This is due to improved blood circulation and oxygen circulation. Such workouts reduce fatigue and improve sleep quality. Studies have shown that people who regularly ride a bicycle fall asleep 2 times faster and sleep half an hour longer.
Physical activity is vital as a preventative measure against cancer. Cycling in this sense is especially useful. Men who pedal at least half an hour a day are less likely to develop cancer by almost 2 times.
Most bike paths are laid in forest park areas, away from industrial enterprises and large roads. Therefore, cyclists inhale less harmful substances than motorists and pedestrians. In the case of moving around the city, they also have the advantage of being above the level of exhaust emissions.
In the saddle of a bicycle, a person gets the opportunity to escape from everyday problems and breathe air, while receiving the necessary physical activity. At the same time, you can lose weight and prevent many diseases.
Prostate Cycling Harm
A sitting position while riding has a negative effect on the area of the prostate gland. The danger is soft seats, in which case the buttocks tend to lower, leaving the prostate at the same level. An inconvenient position squeezes the canals and veins, thereby delaying the circulation of fluid.
It is undesirable to drive on rough roads. Constant jumps, vibration and shaking injure the prostate gland. Regular riding in this way leads to chronic forms of the disease.
With prostatitis, you can not spend a long time on a bicycle and ride at high speeds.
Exercise machines are chosen only when there is no way to ride on smooth roads.
The beneficial effects of cycling on prostatitis
Any physical activity increases blood flow. Thus, blood accelerates throughout the body, filling a person with energy. During the ride, the lower body is loaded, so the fluid circulates in the pelvic area. This effect is necessary for patients with prostatitis, as it reduces symptoms and prevents further development.
When moving on a bicycle, the human body is constantly moving, changing position in a different shape. The need for sitting leads to a maximum load on the buttocks and perineum, only 20-30% of the pressure is on the limbs.
Advantages of cycling:
- Strengthening the muscles of the body.
- Improving your posture.
- Regulation of blood circulation in various fields.
Cycling and disease prevention
Cycling is directly related to the prevention of prostatitis, the main thing is to follow the rules of the ride. Due to the fact that during the movement of a person many movements are made, the body is in good shape. Therefore, regular training has a positive effect.
Work with legs, pedaling with different loads, improves blood circulation throughout the body. The flow of blood to the prostate is a necessary measure for the prevention of the disease.
What harm can skating do?
First, let's try to figure out what happens to the gland with prostatitis during pedaling.
Prostatitis - A disease that occurs when the secretory ducts become obstructed.
Clogging leads to inflammation in the prostate gland.
The driving mechanism is accompanied by a constant mechanical effect on the gland.
This process increases blood flow to the male organ, preventing stagnation.
It would seem that this is negative? On the contrary, improvement blood circulation should have a positive effect on men's health.
But while driving the prostate squeezes a narrow bicycle saddle that does not take into account the anatomical features of the male body, which is extremely negative for the tributaries.
Such sitting will not cause inconvenience to women, but men will have a constant crotch pressure. It is in the perineum that the posterior part of the urethra and itself are located prostate.
These organs are injured by physical pressure. Repeated injuries lead to inflammation of the gland and, as a result, to chronic prostatitis.
Inflamed prostate closes the channel of the ureter, a man in connection with this has problems with urination, which can even lead to the need to use a catheter.
Negative effects wrong cycling I can be:
- painful erection
- testicular inversion
- loss of sensation of the penis,
- potency problems
- erection disorder.
What needs to be done to minimize the risks of developing the disease?
If the urologist does not see contraindications for cycling, he can recommend the following to his patient:
- Travel must be short.
It is better not to practice cycling trips with prostatitis.
But to ride in good weather in the park is even useful.
It is better to alternate loads and rest, taking breaks every half an hour.
When is the bike contraindicated?
Any advanced form of prostatitis prohibits such training. Stagnation in the prostate gland often leads to high pressure in the ducts, which is fraught with the development of complications.
The presence of severe pain in normal condition and during urination is also a contraindication.
There are frequent cases of relapse when the disease returns after recovery. In this case, the patient must ensure complete rest and exclude any physical activity.
For proper cycling when prostate, you need to choose a saddle:
- Properly selected saddle has a special recess or slot that reduces the load on the prostate.
- Some companies exclude saddle nose during production, which gives additional unloading.
- The seat should be small. During the ride, it is located in the perineum. The body weight will be transferred to it, which will prevent injury to the soft tissues.
- It is important to choose the frame size accordingly growth. Then the load on the body will be distributed correctly, and the cyclist will avoid problems with the knees and spine.
As we can see, the choice of a vehicle for cycling - serious process. Therefore, you should treat him with all responsibility.
To summarize. Subject to all the above rules, cycling will be useful for:
- prevention of physical inactivity,
- stabilization of arterial blood flow,
- weight loss
- prostatitis prophylaxis,
- a noticeable improvement in the outflow from all organs of the small pelvis,
- good work of heart activity.
Now you know if you can ride a bike when prostate. But, do not forget that the presence of this disease involves a long and complex treatment. With the right and reasonable approach, cycling will be a great way prevention this disease and will ultimately improve the quality of human life.
Bicycle: benefits and harm for men
Riding a bicycle is generally good for the male body. Regular “walks” provide the following effects:
- Lowering blood cholesterol,
- Blood pressure recovery,
- Strengthening muscle endurance
- Positive effect on the joints,
- Fighting chronic insomnia
- Increased nutrition of cells and body tissues,
- Removal of toxic substances and toxins,
- Intestinal disease prevention,
- Stimulation of brain activity,
- Prevention of erectile dysfunction,
- Protection against malignant neoplasms,
- Stabilization of the psycho-emotional background,
- Reducing the impact of stressful situations,
- Getting rid of the syndrome of "chronic fatigue".
In a purely domestic and social sense, a bicycle is a great alternative to a car. In major cities, cyclists can reach their destination much faster during rush hour. In addition, this type of transport “saves” the environment.
To provide beneficial effects, it is enough to ride a bike for about 30 minutes a day. Excessive zeal, as with other types of physical activity, can adversely affect well-being, especially with prostatitis.
Medical experts say the following negative results from cycling too long:
- Disorder of sexual function when riding on the wrong saddle, which can irritate the skin of the inguinal region and cause numbness of the genitals,
- Decreased fertility - increased heat production negatively affects the composition of the seminal fluid,
- Damage to the scrotum due to pressure on the capillaries and vessels of the organ. Men who use a mountain bike are particularly affected.
- Dehydration - profuse sweat also leads to leaching of sodium. To avoid this effect, you need to take mineral water on a trip,
- Injuries and pain - an unsuccessful fall causes bruises, dislocations and sprains, and a bicycle bought without taking into account the male anatomical features provokes pain in the joints, lower back, and spinal column.
What seats to buy with prostatitis?
Modern models have a very narrow saddle, which anatomically does not fit the structure of the human body. Thus, the load is not distributed throughout the body, but in the pelvic area, squeezing the prostate gland.
Inconvenient position leads to injuries of the reproductive system, inflammation occurs.
Too wide and soft sitting is also not suitable. In this position, the pelvis "fails", which is why stagnation in the genitourinary system forms.
The correct saddle is chosen separately for men, depending on the anatomical features. It should be of medium size in width and length, and also solid. In the correct position, the load is evenly distributed between the pelvic bones, the crotch is not involved at this time.
Cycling with prostatitis
Cycling with prostatitis, according to urologists, has the following beneficial effect:
- Prevention of complications
- Improving blood flow, which eliminates congestion,
- Venous blood outflow recovery,
- Enhanced cellular metabolism,
- Providing tissues of the glandular organ with oxygen nutrition.
With inflammation of the prostate gland, it is possible to use both an exercise bike and a real bike for traveling outdoors. The second option is preferable due to an additional stay in the fresh air.
It is important that men with prostatitis are guided by the following recommendations when practicing cycling:
- Riding only with a stable remission,
- Correct saddle selection (anatomical option),
- Compliance with moderation - the duration should not exceed half an hour at a time.
To ensure the safety and benefits of cycling, it is important to first obtain the approval of the attending physician.
A bicycle with a diagnosed inflammation of the prostate does harm in the following cases:
- Errors in choosing a saddle. In this case, microtraumas that occur during the ride provoke a relapse of the disease,
- Vehicle specifics. It is important that it be equipped with shock absorbers, otherwise any roughness on the road causes vibration, which gradually injures the lower pelvis.
In addition to exacerbation, it is also not recommended to engage in cycling with an advanced stage of pathology in a chronic form.
Signals for immediate termination:
- Nausea and dizziness,
- Sore groin,
- Temperature rise,
- The presence of bloody discharge,
- Strengthening urine excretion problems.
To minimize risks, it is necessary, together with a urologist, to determine the optimal conditions for classes. More often, if there is an illness, an exercise bike is recommended, as a less traumatic option, however, if the doctor allows walking in the fresh air, then the following recommendations should be followed to help in the fight against prostatitis:
- Short trips
- Refusal of bicycle trips,
- Average pace
- Avoiding uneven and hilly terrain, the best solution is the track.
Prostate Adenoma and Cycling
When diagnosed with prostate adenoma, cycling should also be treated with caution. The list of contraindications is similar to the general list of restrictions.
Undesirable effects that a bicycle can cause with prostate adenoma:
- Squeezing the blood vessels of an organ,
- Adverse effects on the urethral canal,
- Increased risk of cystitis.
However, with hyperplasia (adenoma) of the prostate, you can continue to engage in your favorite sport, subject to the following precautions:
- Riding carefully to reduce the risk of injury,
- Using an ergonomic hard saddle,
- Wearing sportswear appropriate to the weather.
How to choose a suitable "unit"?
To make possible a tandem of concepts such as prostatitis and a bicycle, and possibly even prostate adenoma, one should carefully approach the choice of a “two-wheeled friend”. First of all, it is necessary to select a model in accordance with growth and current weight. Only in this case, trips will be as comfortable as possible and will not cause negative reactions of the body.
Also, with diagnosed prostatitis, you must make sure that the bike is equipped with shock absorbing devices. There are many varieties on the market, but men are advised to pay attention to options with a wide anatomical seat for a proper fit.
Why is it important to pay attention to the seat?
The basis of a safe ride with inflammation of the prostate gland is the right choice of saddle. The usual sitting is not suitable, you need to take care of acquiring an anatomical one, equipped with a recess or opening in the central part, which reduces pressure on the glandular organ.
Rules for selecting an orthopedic saddle:
- Size - the seat should be selected based on the size of the pelvic bones,
- Tilt level - it is necessary that the main load falls on the hands,
- Rigidity - a too soft saddle negatively affects blood circulation,
- The leatherette material causes hyperthermia of the genitals.
Cycling and prostatitis prophylaxis
Most urologists believe that a bicycle for the prevention of prostatitis is quite suitable. If a person has a history of acute inflammation of the prostate gland, then cycling will help prevent a relapse of the disease.
In many cases, prostatitis is provoked by an improper lifestyle. Sedentary work and obesity play an important role in the etiology of this disease. Cycling after recovery will help maintain the necessary mode of physical activity and reduce weight.
Doctors strongly advise to pre-attend to the prevention of inflammation of the prostate. One of the effective methods is cycling. Efficiency in this case is also ensured by the use of an anatomical saddle.
Active circulation, nutrition of the prostate with oxygen, combined with the absence of undesirable effects on the prostate gland helps to improve health and prevent possible inflammation.
A bicycle with prostatitis can also have a negative effect on the body. This is due to the uneven distribution of weight during riding. The maximum load level falls on the perineum.
For this reason, increased pressure on the inflamed area of the prostate. Regular cycling can trigger the transition of the disease from acute to chronic.
The beneficial effects of cycling are observed only in the period of persistent remission, during the period of exacerbation it is dangerous.
Which saddle to choose?
Before buying a vehicle, you must individually check with your doctor whether it is possible to ride a bicycle with prostatitis. Only in the absence of contraindications is it permissible to proceed with the selection of a saddle.
Experts recommend paying attention to the anatomical saddle. It has a small depression in the middle. Thanks to his presence, the pressure on the prostate gland is reduced. When choosing, you must also focus on the size and stiffness of the product.
If the question of whether it is possible to ride a bicycle with prostatitis, the doctor answered in the affirmative, you should begin to study the rules of riding.
These include the following:
- During the trip it is necessary to maintain a moderate pace of ride. It is recommended to avoid sharp turns and high elevations. This will prevent injury.
- Long trips are undesirable. The optimum ride time is no more than half an hour.
- You must bring a bottle of clean water with you. With physical exertion, it is very important to replenish the level of fluid in the body.
- When choosing a terrain for skiing, it is advisable to give preference to areas with smooth asphalt. An ideal place to travel can be a city park.
- After riding, pain in the back and perineum should not appear.
- It is recommended to give preference to specialized clothing for riding. It does not constrain movement and does not exert pressure on the area of the prostate gland.
- If the disease proceeds in an aggravated form, cycling should be abandoned. They will only aggravate the situation.
- In the presence of diseases of the cardiovascular system, the possibility of riding a bicycle must be checked with a specialist.
- If discomfort and pain in the scrotum occur, skating must be stopped.
Is it possible to ride a stationary bike?
An exercise bike is considered a good alternative for home riding. Riding it has the same effect on the prostate gland as a regular bike.
It is important to pay attention to the choice of the simulator and observe safety precautions. Proper riding not only improves blood circulation in the pelvis, but also strengthens the knee joints.
Regular training on the simulator indirectly affects the quality of the seminal fluid of a man.
Is prostatitis a occupational disease?
There is an opinion that cyclists suffer from prostatitis more often than representatives of other professions. There is indeed a grain of truth in this. Harmful effects due to long cycling. In some cases, the duration of training reaches 10 hours. At the same time, the professional is not always able to interrupt.
The following symptoms indicate the occurrence of inflammation in the prostate:
- heaviness in the scrotum
- pain during urination,
- genital numbness
- decreased sexual desire and erectile dysfunction,
- discharge from the urethra.
Bicycle as a prevention
Doctors recommend using a bicycle to prevent prostatitis. Moderate exercise has a restorative effect on the body, increasing its resistance to various diseases.
If you do not abuse physical activity, then cycling will help prevent the formation of inflammation in the prostate amid fluid stagnation.
The ride should be as calm as possible. It is not recommended to sharply increase the pace and increase the duration of riding. It is advisable to ride a bike before going to bed.This will improve the functioning of the nervous system and help to avoid insomnia.
The opinion of experts
Before you sit on the bike, experts advise you to have a little warm-up. Squats, swinging legs and tilting to the side are welcome. Short gymnastics will help prepare the body for the upcoming loads. This will prevent injury from sudden movements or falls.
We should not forget that prostatitis requires an integrated approach. Riding a bicycle will not be able to get rid of the disease alone. The basis of therapeutic action is medication. Physical activity only complement it and increase the stamina of the body.
Proper cycling has an extremely positive effect on the functioning of the reproductive organs. Inaccuracy and breach of safety lead to irreparable consequences. In this case, the patient may feel worse.