What are the means and drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma in men?
Drugs for prostate adenoma: 52 drugs, instructions (release form and dosage), infographics (indications, contraindications, side effects), 193 reviews of doctors and patients.
|Rating 4.4 / 5|
The highest quality and time-tested drug of its group line. An essential drug for prostate adenoma, prostatitis and OZM. Gives urine stroke with obstruction of various etiologies, relief.
|Rating 4.0 / 5|
A modern drug for treating symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Minimum effect on blood pressure. Reduces the frequency of urination, improves the pressure of the urine stream. In addition, with renal colic.
|Rating 2.1 / 5|
I rarely use it in clinical practice because of the high cost with little clinical effect. The drug is more related to dietary supplements than to a drug. Refers to medicinal
|Rating 3.3 / 5|
An original high-quality and effective drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Very rarely used in clinical practice because of the extreme cost. Extremely high with.
|Rating 4.2 / 5|
Selective alpha adrenergic blocking agent is used in the treatment of urination disorders in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia, chronic prostatitis. I do not use in clinical practice.
|Rating 3.8 / 5|
Superbly proven drug for the treatment of infertility. One thing to understand here. Infertility is a complex disease, and it is never treated with ONLY one medicine. It is always comprehensive.
|Rating 4.2 / 5|
An effective drug for the treatment of chronic prostatitis in the form of suppositories, they have a fairly good anti-inflammatory effect, relieve swelling, reduce pain, and improve urine.
|Rating 2.1 / 5|
Absolute safety. same as water. The drug consists of "nothing", I never prescribe. Homeopathic medicines are an unscientific prescription. I agree with the global trend to oblige p.
|Rating 4.7 / 5|
A good drug with no side effects. It has a pronounced organotropic effect. Pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. Sometimes there is an improvement in erectile function. Use regularly
|Rating 3.8 / 5|
A good quality drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces edema, normalizes urination. I use it regularly in clinics.
|Rating 4.2 / 5|
A very good generic tamsulosin. Particularly pleased with the price of the drug for a long reception. The effectiveness of the drug has been tested repeatedly. Even when switching from the original drug, the effect remained.
|Rating 4.2 / 5|
A good quality drug related to alpha-blockers is used for urination disorders in prostate disease. Good value for money / effect, using
|Rating 3.8 / 5|
A good drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia should be used at the stage of a significant increase in prostate volume. I use it regularly in clinical practice. Good acc.
|Rating 4.1 / 5|
An excellent drug in relieving the symptoms of prostate adenoma. Allows you to normalize urination, reduce the amount at night. Works great in complex therapy when treated.
|Rating 2.4 / 5|
Good generic for treating lower urinary tract symptoms, good manufacturer. I practically do not use it in my clinical practice due to the lower price of similar generics. Enough.
|Rating 3.8 / 5|
An original high-quality drug for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, normalizes urination, has anti-inflammatory properties. Safe for prolonged use. Re.
|Rating 2.3 / 5|
"Old", tested over years of use, alpha-blocker, high quality from a reputable manufacturer. An ideal drug with a combination of benign prostatic hyperplasia and hypertensive bo.
|Rating 2.6 / 5|
A good drug with an organotropic effect is used in the treatment of all forms of prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Periodically use in the treatment of all forms of prostatitis. Very good.
The classic selective alpha-adrenergic blocker is similar in effectiveness to other selective alpha-adrenergic blockers, no better and no worse than similar drugs. Used in the treatment.
The most common cause of prostatitis is bacterial infection. Antibiotics for prostatitis and adenoma are the main means of killing bacteria. To appoint them, the urologist must make sure that he is dealing with the bacterial form of prostatitis.
Otherwise, taking antibiotics only will harm. The choice of a specific type of antibiotic depends on the type of pathogen detected. Identify it by laboratory methods.
What antibiotics to take with prostatitis and adenoma? Usually, a doctor prescribes for the treatment of bacterial prostatitis fluoroquinolones: ciprofloxacin, gatyloxacin, lomefloxacin, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin.
They are distinguished by activity, permeability, action against many types of bacteria, with oral use they accumulate in the gland.
Cefotaxime It is highly effective, do not have side effects.
NorfloxacinIn addition to fighting infection, they have an immunomodulating effect.
Zovirax, Herpevir used for viral infection of the prostate.
More antibiotics for the treatment of prostatitis: Augmentin, Acyclovir, Amoxiclav, Ofloxacin Ampiside, Azithromycin, Ceftriaxone, Vilprafen, Ceftazidime.
In the acute form of the disease, the medicine is taken from a month to three. In chronic terms, the reception depends on the rate of cure. Chronic prostatitis is well treated. antibiotics under the names metacyclin, doxycycline, oleandomycin, erythromycin, cephalexin.
They are especially effective in congestive inflammation: pathogenic flora intensively develops precisely against the background of the accumulation of secretions. The accumulation of antibiotics in the gland helps prevent relapse.
Candles Filling rectal suppositories during prostatitis therapy is done with antibiotics, propolis (suppositories with propolis can be made independently, more details here), antispasmodics, components of cattle glands, other components. Examples of drugs administered with suppositories: bioprost, prostatilen, viferon, prostopin, olestesin.
Application candles with prostatitis, edema, pain, inflammation are eliminated. With their help, sexual and urethral functions are restored, the development of vascular thrombosis is suppressed, blood circulation improves.
Despite the “natural” nature of development adenomas As an age-related phenomenon, antibacterial agents are often used in this disease. The fact is that because of the difficulties with the withdrawal of urine due to the development of a tumor in the gland, microorganisms develop. Antibiotics are most often used to exterminate them. Levorin, Gentamicin.
What is prostate adenoma in men
This benign neoplasm localized in the prostate gland, which disrupts the natural outflow of urine, reduces the sexual activity of men, without timely treatment leads to impotence. The proliferation of tissue (epithelium) is fraught with more serious complications, for example, once benign hyperplasia is prone to malignancy. The disease progresses in the body of a man after 40 years, it is difficult to treat with conservative methods.
What are the cures for prostatitis and adenomas it's better?
- alpha adrenergic blockers,
- hormonal drugs
- muscle relaxants
In the early stage of adenoma, it can be treated with medication. To do this, apply: alpha-blockers, immunocorrective agents (Reoferon, Pyrogenal), 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, blood circulation enhancers (Trental), sometimes antibiotics.
If such treatment is ineffective surgical intervention.
Combinations of effective and quick drugs
Take the following drugs for prostatitis and prostate adenoma:
An example of an effective set of medications for bacterial prostatitis: antibiotic injections Ceftriaxone, injection of the non-steroid "Ketorolac" to relieve acute pain.
Tablets Dalphaz to improve urination. preparations "
Complex injection is also used. "Prostilen", Interferon to improve immunity.
An example of an effective set of medications for prostate adenoma: antibiotic Levorin, injection of the non-steroid "Ketorolac" to relieve acute pain, tablets Dalphaz to improve urination,
Complex injection is also used. Prostatilene, Interferon to improve immunity, hormonal drug finasteride (tablets), a means to improve blood circulation Trental, 5-alpha reductase inhibitor doxazosin.
What can be supplemented?
Medications for prostate and adenoma in men can be supplemented with the following drugs:
Non-steroids. Nonsteroids are used to eliminate pain in the groin and perineum.
The best ones are Ketorolac (injections, tablets), Diclofenac (injections, candles).
Ketoprofen, ibuprofen, meloxicam (tablets, injections, suppositories) are also used according to a similar scheme.
Reception of these drugs adversely affects the digestive system.
Therefore, the regimen is usually three days, then continued after a weekly interval. Ketorolac take once, only with acute pain.
Antispasmodics. If the cause of the pain is not inflammation itself, but a spasm of the muscles of the perineum with congestive prostatitis, antispasmodics and muscle relaxants help well.
To improve urination - means of the alpha-1-blocker group:
- Tablets "Dalphaz", "Camiren", "Sonirid Duo".
- Alpha adrenergic blockers in the form of capsules, tablets. This group of drugs acts on the smooth muscles in the gland and bladder itself. Under their action, urine stands out and flows better. Examples: Doxazosin, Tamsulosin.
To enhance immunity. Even in the presence of damaging factors, pathology could not have occurred if the patient had not been immunocompromised. To increase it, immunomodulators are used:
- tablets Taktivin, Interferonthat increase immunity from foreign microbes,
- Levamisole - stimulator of T-lymphocytes
- tablets containing sodium nucleinate that increase the activity of macrophage cells,
- medicines Immunal, "Methyluracil" to enhance cellular immunity.
Phytopreparations not so fast and effective, but harmless. They contain minerals, herbal extracts that have a complex effect: relieve inflammation, pain, cramping in the gland, some even kill bacteria.
They are suitable for regular use during the course of an illness, in remission, and for prevention. Pills are popular Prostalamincapsules Prostate Forte.
Complex drug "Prostilen" (injection) combines several functions. Designed to strengthen the immune system, blood vessels, gland cell walls, normalize blood circulation, restore tissue. All these processes with his assistance are accelerated at times.
Hormonal drugs restore the balance of male sex hormones, its sexual function. The best of these is Finasteride in the form of tablets.
In addition, patients are prescribed exercise therapy, physiotherapy, massage, water procedures.
With prostatitis: The use of medicines is indicated in the presence of symptoms of prostatitis, antibiotics - its bacterial form.
To prescribe antibiotics, the urologist must make sure that he is dealing with bacterial form of prostatitis.
Otherwise, taking antibiotics will only do harm.
Drug treatment for adenoma is shown in early stage diseaseif the patient refuses surgical intervention and:
- urine outflow rate 5 to 15 ml / sec,
- urine volume from 100 ml.,
- residual urine volume less than 150 ml.,
- quality of life test from 3 points,
- symptom test from 8 to 19 points.
Medication for adenoma contraindicated, if:
- There are scars in the pelvis.
- The process has entered an acute stage.
- There is a suspicion of prostate cancer.
- Renal failure in the acute stage (blood with urine).
Now you know what medicines are available for treatment prostatitis and adenomas. Prostatitis precedes three quarters of male deaths. And here the option after this - which means, therefore - is not so rare.
Timely use of drugs against prostatitis and adenomas saves you from the prospect of infertility, the possibility of developing prostate cancer.
Popular medications for treating prostate adenoma
Although BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) is not a cancerous tumor, but if its symptoms are detected, treatment should be immediate. Modern drugs for adenoma and prostatitis are directed directly to the affected tissue, without exerting a detrimental effect on other organs.
The list of the most sought after:
- Alpha blockers.
- 5-alpha reductase enzyme blockers.
This list of medicines is indispensable, especially in combination with therapy, as the initial stage of treatment, regardless of the neglect and course of the disease.
Already from the name it is clear that these drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma in men of cellular effects, that is, they aim to destroy and prevent the growth of "extra" cells of the prostate gland. Modern means of prostatitis give the following dynamics:
- stabilization of the urinary system,
- normalization of hormones and metabolism,
- improved blood supply to the prostate.
Depending on the condition of the patient and the severity of the disease, the doctor prescribes drugs for prostatitis in various forms:
- rectal suppositories,
- tablets or capsules
- syrup or tincture,
- injections into a muscle or vein.
Omnic is a very popular remedy for prostate adenoma
Medicines of this group are designed to normalize the process of urine excretion from the body. A particularly good result is achieved in patients with prostate adenoma or prostatitis in the initial stage of the disease, as well as in elderly patients with a chronic stage of the disease.
- Doxazosin - tablets with a wide range of action against prostatitis and prostate adenoma. They have the properties of antispasmodics and lipid-lowering agents. The appointment occurs after a detailed study of the nature of the pathology.
- Alfuzosin - a tablet drug for prostatitis - a prolongator. It positively affects the urethra, controls the outflow of urine. It has every reason for the appointment of a diagnosed stage 1 adenoma of the male prostate.
- Terazosin - tablets of vasodilating action, to disperse congestion in the pelvic organs. Stabilize the outflow of urine with prostatitis. In the process of taking, there is an increase in dosage to achieve the maximum effect.
- Omnic is a very popular remedy for prostate adenoma. Perfectly affects the functioning of the urinary system, strengthening the walls and increasing the elasticity of the bladder. It is also used during rehabilitation after surgery to exclude complications.
The effect of drugs of the adrenergic blocker group
Blocking adrenergic receptors leads to such positive changes in the work of the genitourinary organs:
- the tone of the smooth muscles of the prostate and urethra is strengthened,
- urethral obstruction decreases
- prostate volume decreases
- symptoms of the disease stop
- the speed and pressure of the jet increases,
- the urine residue in the bladder decreases.
Admission of adrenergic blockers does not distort the hormonal background of the patient.
Negative reactions to therapy with alpha-blockers are rare, but there are headaches and dizziness
A sign of the pronounced effect of alpha-adrenergic blockers begins to appear after about 2-4 weeks from the beginning of the course and remains stable until the next therapy. Nevertheless, if after three months of taking the symptoms of the disease remains the same, the attending physician cancels the use of alpha-blockers due to the senselessness of the reception and the inability to cure prostate adenoma with this method.
In most cases, patients are well tolerated with alpha-adrenergic blockers for the treatment of prostate diseases, even for a very long time. Negative reactions are minimum, but if they appear, then the person taking the medication for prostatitis notes the following symptoms:
- decrease in blood pressure,
- muscle weakness
- increased heart rate
- headaches and dizziness.
What is characteristic, the longer the use of the medication takes, the less side effects occur.
5-alpha reductase inhibitor group
5-alpha reductase inhibitors are drugs for treating prostate adenoma with a serious effect on the problem of glandular tissue growth. Their main task is to help stimulate the production of testosterone by the gland.
- Dutasteride is an anticholinergic drug with a cumulative effect, a long six-month course of therapy is a serious competitor to surgical treatment, as it well stops the growth of tumor cells.
- Alfinal is a remedy for prostatitis from the group of anticholinergics, to reduce the size of the prostate gland and stabilize the urinary process, subject to prolonged use.
- Proscar - a 5-alpha inhibitor controls cell growth, minimizes the likelihood of complications of urological diseases.
Proscar - controls cell growth, minimizes the likelihood of complications of urological diseases
The effectiveness of drugs has been proven both at the initial stage of damage to the prostate adenoma, and in pathology in 2 degrees.
The naturalness of the constituent elements makes them absolutely safe, but no less effective than their synthetic counterparts. They have a directed effect on the two main "enemies" of the prostate - adenoma and urethral violation.
- Speman is a very effective medicine that acts in addition to adenoma on reproductive function, increasing the quantity and quality of seminal fluid.
- Gentos is a homeopathic remedy aimed at improving the smooth muscles of prostate tissues.
- Afala is a super popular remedy because of its wide spectrum of action. Not only stabilizes the functionality of the pelvic organs, but also increases sexual activity.
Other drugs on a natural, natural basis - Prostamol-Uno, Permikson, etc.
Action and side effects
The composition of the medication includes a creeping palm known for its phytosterol content. This substance stops the foci of inflammation in the prostate gland and reductase enzymes.
So-called combination drugs have appeared, such as Sonirid Duo
There is practically no negative reaction to phytotherapy. The only limitation is the individual intolerance of the elements of the drug, but this happens extremely rarely.
Other treatments for prostate adenoma and prostatitis in men
Among the medicines aimed at combating prostate pathologies, the so-called combined drugs have appeared. The main of them is Sonirid Duo. This medicine, which includes two active mechanisms at once, is an adrenergic blocker and 5-alpha reductase.
The combination of two mono-drugs has all the best characteristics inherent in each individually. Sonirod Duo is used both for the treatment of prostate pathologies and as a prophylaxis for male urological diseases. A long course significantly reduces symptoms, stabilizes the acute course, normalizes the urinary system.
Compared with monotherapy, taking combinators provokes the appearance of undesirable reactions much more often, although not in all patients. This can be expressed in the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain
- swelling and breast enlargement,
- decrease in blood pressure,
- violation of libido and ejaculation.
With an adenoma complicated by infection, Gentamicin is most often used.
When medication is indicated
As a result of inflammation of the prostate, a man experiences difficulties when going to the toilet, is faced with painful sensations of a relapsing nature. In order to cure the disease, it is important to respond to alarming symptoms in a timely manner, to get rid of the negative impact of pathogenic factors. Suspicion of the development of benign hyperplasia occurs when there are such complaints from the man:
- lower abdominal pain
- discomfort when urinating,
- pain and burning sensations when going to the toilet,
- urinary retention
- night and day pollakiuria,
- muscle tension during urination,
- false urge to the toilet,
- feeling of an empty bladder.
The doctor prescribes complex therapy aimed not only at eliminating the signs of prostate adenoma, but also at eradicating the inflammatory process itself. In the initial stages, prolonged use of medications provides a positive trend, while already a chronic disease can no longer be treated without surgery. In case of urination disorders and progressive prostatitis, the name of the medicine and daily doses are determined strictly individually.
Alpha blockers for prostate adenoma
Representatives of this pharmacological group provide a painless outflow of urine and reduce the tone of the smooth muscles of the bladder. At the initial stage of prostate adenoma, such conservative methods of treatment restore the process of urination, increase the elasticity of the bladder, and reduce inflammation and hypertrophy of the walls of the bladder. With severe swelling of the prostate tissue, these are effective medications from the alpha blocker group:
- Terazosin. The medicine is available in the form of tablets, where the daily dosage is indicated to be gradually increased. Active components expand veins and blood vessels, prevent stagnation of blood of the pelvic organs. The course is 2 to 3 weeks.
- Alfuzosin. The medicine is available in the form of tablets, which are taken in a course of 2 to 3 weeks, 1 tablet 10 mg once a day or 1 tablet 5 mg 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening.
In what cases is medication prescribed?
Many drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and adenomas are prescribed as the main therapy or as auxiliary components in the complex treatment of the disease. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the specific symptoms of the disease and the general condition of the patient's immune system.
The main indications for drug treatment:
- the impossibility of surgery,
- re-development of the disease,
- lack of kidney pathology.
The main groups of drugs
The symptoms of prostate adenoma cannot be ignored in any case. The sooner treatment begins, the higher the chances of a full recovery. When the first signs of pain appear during urination, you should immediately contact a urologist who will prescribe all the necessary examinations to establish the cause of this condition.
Advanced chronic prostatitis can turn into a cancerous tumor. In this case, drug treatment will not help. It will take an operation.
All medications used by doctors for the treatment of chronic prostatitis are divided into 3 large groups:
- Drugs with androgens. Androgens are the active ingredient in most prostatitis medicines. Increases detrusor tone, as a result of which the urination process normalizes.
- Drugs with progesterones. These are antiandrogens. They are used to treat and anesthetize prostate adenoma. Experts recommend combining the use of such drugs with a special massage of the prostate, electrophoretic and phonophoresis.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. They are based on medicinal herbs. They do not have a stable positive effect in the treatment of adenomas, but they have excellent antiseptic effect. Herbs typically include sage, chamomile, dill, and nettle.
All these drugs can be used in the complex medical treatment of prostate adenoma and in the period of postoperative recovery.
Indications for medical treatment
- No renal complications,
- Inability to complete the operation,
- Re-development of adenoma after surgical treatment.
Drug treatment is prescribed at the initial stages of the development of pathology, when dysfunctions are minimal, and there are no complications affecting the work of the kidneys. There are contraindications for surgical therapy - the patient’s advanced age, the state of the cardiovascular system.
- Serious urination disorders.
- The volume of residual urine is more than 100 ml.
- Acute urinary retention.
- Bladder stones
More recently, the main method of treatment of male illness was surgery. With the progression of the drug therapy method, only 20% of men with this diagnosis are operated on, the rest receive effective treatment with drugs.
The best medicine for prostatitis and prostate adenoma
To accelerate recovery, medication should be combined with some physiotherapeutic procedures. For this, prostate massage and electrophoresis are used.
Typically, medications for treating prostatitis are produced in the following forms:
- rectal suppositories
Suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis are considered the most effective remedy. They have a wide range of effects. In this case, candles directly affect the affected area. Most commonly prescribed drugs:
- Ichthyol candles. Contribute to the improvement of microcirculation in the prostate gland. They have a good antiseptic and analgesic effect. Often they are used in combination with tablets and electrophoresis. They have an unpleasant smell, but this does not have a negative effect on the skin. There are no contraindications to the use of such candles.
- Candles with propolis. It is used to eliminate pain during urination. They have an anti-inflammatory effect. They are considered the most budgetary option among all known suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis. Often used for preventive purposes. Do not cause any adverse reactions.
- "Prostate." Candles based on indomethacin. Relieve swelling and other signs of inflammation. In this case, the function of the prostate gland normalizes over time.
- Diclofenac. These suppositories are used in the treatment of chronic forms of prostatitis. They have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. However, this drug has a number of contraindications, so it is not suitable for all patients.
Before choosing a suppository for the treatment of prostatitis, you should definitely consult a doctor. Some drugs have contraindications and side effects, so you need to use them with great care.
All pills for the treatment of prostatitis and adenomas are divided into several groups. The necessary medicine is prescribed by a urologist. Self-medication in this case can only aggravate the situation. For complex therapy, the following drugs are used:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. These include drugs such as Vitaprost and Cernilton. They are prescribed mainly for the acute form of prostate adenoma to eliminate pain during urination. Drugs contribute to a speedy recovery and do not allow to go from acute to chronic.
- Antibiotics. They are prescribed if the adenoma was caused by an infectious process, and when taking tests, bacteria were found that provoked the development of the disease. Only a doctor can prescribe a suitable antibiotic. The most famous drug is Amoxiclav.
- From the group of cephalosporins, Levorin and Gentamicin are prescribed.
- Antispasmodics. Designed to relax the muscles. The drugs relieve spasms and improve blood circulation. Most often prescribed “No-shpa”, “Tamsulosin” and “Silodozin”.
- Alpha blockers. They have a relaxing effect on muscle muscles. By reducing spasm, the process of urination is normalized. It must be remembered that the drugs in this group significantly lower blood pressure, so they are not suitable for all men. The most famous drugs are Omnic, Fokusin, Lokren and Adenorm.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. Medicines of this group prevent the development of the disease, contribute to the reduction of adenomas in size. These drugs act by inhibiting the production of hormones that trigger prostatic hyperplasia. Such drug treatment is quite effective, in most cases it helps to avoid surgery. Symptoms of adenoma disappear after 3 months of such therapy. Medicines of this group are used in the treatment of large adenomas. The most famous drugs are Avodart, Prosteride and Finasteride TEVA.
- Hormonal drugs. The use of certain hormonal drugs for the treatment of adenoma is necessary for the regulation of proliferation of the glandular epithelium of the prostate. In some cases, the synthesis of testosterone is also blocked, but it also happens that it is necessary to make up for the lack of male hormones in the body.These medicines are not suitable for everyone because they have many side effects. Hormones can also be prescribed in the form of rectal suppositories and injections. The dosage form is selected for each patient individually. The most commonly used drugs are Raveron, Prostatilen and Sustanon.
- Homeopathic remedy Afala. The medicine is intended to improve the function of the genitourinary system. As a result of therapy, the symptoms of the disease and dysuric phenomena disappear. The drug is effective in the initial stages of development of prostate adenoma. Sometimes used to prevent complications. The dosage and duration of treatment should be determined only by the attending physician.
All of these drugs are freely available. They can be bought at any pharmacy. But before starting treatment, you need to undergo an examination and consult with your doctor about the best combination of drugs to treat prostatitis or adenoma.
There are some drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma and in the form of injections. They significantly strengthen the immune system. The most famous drugs are Pyrogenal, Levamisole, Taktivin and Metiduratsil. These drugs help stimulate tissue regeneration processes.
Injections are used for conservative treatment and prevention of the disease. They create additional protection for the prostate gland from pathogenic viruses. The dosage is determined only by the doctor, as undesirable side effects may occur.
When antibiotics are needed
Antibiotic therapy is indicated in cases of bacterial infection. In this case, Gentamicin, Levorin, drugs from the group of cephalosporins are used. With the help of antibiotics, it is possible to suppress inflammation and improve urodynamics. When choosing a drug, possible contraindications to taking should be considered.
Alpha-blockers are often prescribed in combination with Picamilon, to increase the effectiveness of the drug.
Drugs from the group of adrenergic blockers quickly eliminate the symptoms. But they do not affect the pathological process itself. They are most effective for small prostatic hyperplasia. Men with severe forms of urination, genitourinary infections, alpha-blockers are not prescribed.
The instillation method involves the introduction of a medicinal substance directly into the affected area.
This is necessary in order to get rid of pathogenic bacteria that provoke further infection in the prostate and urethra. Antiseptic drugs, Cycloferon, and some ozonated solutions are the drugs in this case.
The procedure is performed only by a doctor. He picks up the solution and inserts the catheter directly into the urethra. Next, manipulations are performed that help keep the solution inside. Such instillations last up to 3 months.
Phytotherapeutic agents in the fight against prostatitis
Comprehensive treatment of prostatitis involves the use of certain herbal remedies. Among them are Prostamol Uno and Likoprofit. They consist of natural complexes that tend to accumulate in the tissues of the prostate gland. As a result of treatment, the symptoms of inflammation are eliminated, the protective functions of the body are strengthened. Cells are protected from damage by harmful free radicals, which prevents the rapid growth of pathological tissues.
Urination is normalized, manifestations of pain are reduced. The components of such funds enhance the flow of incoming urine, and also improve the general well-being of people with prostatitis.
Treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis is a rather serious task. At the first symptoms of the disease, you should immediately consult a doctor. After all, it is easier to cure the disease in the initial stages of its development than to treat chronic prostatitis with a large number of its complications.
Before choosing any drug for treatment, you should definitely consult a doctor. He will prescribe all the necessary examinations and help you choose the most appropriate treatment regimen. Only after passing all the tests and examining the urologist can the necessary treatment regimen be prescribed. The doctor takes into account all the complaints of the patient, evaluates his general condition, examines the prostate gland, takes blood for analysis. Based on the results of the examination, complex drug therapy in combination with physiotherapy is prescribed.
There are many drugs to treat chronic prostatitis, but self-medication in this case is unacceptable. You can not come to the pharmacy and choose a drug for yourself. Many drugs have strict contraindications. Some of them can cause the development of serious adverse reactions and exacerbate the situation. Therefore, the choice of a medication for prostatitis, the appointment of a dosage and the determination of the duration of a course of treatment is best left to an experienced doctor.
Cholinolytics for prostate adenoma
These are effective remedies for prostatitis and prostate adenomas, which are successfully combined in the same scheme with alpha-blockers. Their therapeutic effect in the male body is aimed at blocking the increased activity of acetylcholine in relation to the smooth muscles of the bladder. Such a medical method can control the hyperactive state of the bladder. In acute attacks, doctors recommend using such drugs:
- Prostate. The medicine normalizes the microcirculation processes in tissues, reduces increased swelling, and has a bacteriostatic effect. Available in the form of rectal suppositories, which are required to be administered to a man in the anus for 1 suppository. The course is 10 to 14 days.
- Atropine Injection. This is one of the derivatives of belladonna, which helps relieve pain, reduce tension in the muscles of the bladder, and relieve swelling of the tissues. Injections are supposed to be administered intramuscularly in the morning and evening, the dosage is negotiated individually.
The presence of hormone therapy is appropriate in complicated clinical pictures associated with hormone imbalance and purulent discharge, problems in the endocrine system. Long-term administration of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, individual adjustment of daily dosages are necessary. The following are effective hormonal drugs of various forms of release:
- Oxyprogesterone. The drug stabilizes the level of hormones in the prostate gland, intended for intramuscular administration. For a day, a man is supposed to perform 1 injection. The course is 5 injections.
- Finasteride. The drug blocks the process of converting testosterone into an active form, as a result of which the extremely undesirable proliferation of the endometrium stops. The course of treatment is up to 6 months, daily doses are determined individually.
Choosing reliable medicines for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, many patients are more likely to trust herbal medicine with a stable therapeutic effect. The presence of plant components reduces the list of contraindications and the risk of side effects, but does not reduce the pharmacological properties of the selected medication. Among the most effective drugs for prostate adenoma in men, the following pharmacological positions should be distinguished:
- Raveron. The medicine is available in the form of suspensions and tablets for oral administration. The drug is prescribed at an early stage of adenoma, and the therapeutic effect ensures the presence of natural components in the form of an extract from the livestock prostate. The course of treatment is several weeks at individual dosages.
- Spemann. Oral tablets contain 9 active ingredients that successfully treat prostate adenoma. Potential side effects include the risk of allergic reactions. Daily doses - inside 2 tablets 2 to 3 times per day.
Antispasmodics and muscle relaxants
To eliminate pain and other unpleasant symptoms with frequent trips to the toilet, with prostate adenoma it is necessary to use antispasmodics, for example, Papaverine. Additionally, the inflamed prostate is anesthetized, muscle tone, internal discomfort of muscle relaxants, for example, Baclofen, are reduced. To facilitate general well-being, here is what you need to know about the characteristic medicines:
- Baclofen. Pills relieve inflammation, prevent the pathological process of enlarging the prostate. The initial dose of a man is 5 mg 3 times a day, gradually increases to 10 mg per day. The course is 10 to 14 days.
- Buscopan. This medicine for prostate adenoma in men is available in the form of tablets and rectal suppositories, and has a number of side effects. The course of treatment is 14 days. Patients are prescribed 1 to 2 suppositories in the rectum three times a day.
When choosing medications for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, it is important not to forget about strengthening weakened immunity. For these purposes, complex therapy should contain immunostimulants that productively stimulate the male immune response. Here are some effective medications:
- Cycloferon. The drug has systemic positive effects, is available in the form of tablets for oral administration. With prostate adenoma, take 1-2 tablets per day for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Polyoxidonium. The medicine has a principle of action similar to the medication described above, is prescribed if there is an increased sensitivity of the adult body to the analogue.
Combined drugs for prostate hyperplasia
Drug treatment of prostate adenoma to accelerate the natural healing process includes universal remedies in the presence of painkillers, anti-inflammatory, decongestion and regenerative properties. These may be the following medications for oral administration, which ensure the normal functioning of the inflamed prostate in men:
- Sonirid Duo. At the same time, components with alpha-adrenergic blocking and 5-alpha-reductase-blocking effects predominate, inhibit the modification of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, reduce the growth of tumor cells, and are prescribed for prostate cancer. The medicine is available in capsules and tablets, intended for oral administration by a monthly course.
- Prostamol Uno. Active components - extracts of dwarf palm and creeping palm, improve the function of a weak prostate. The medicine can be ordered from the catalog and inexpensively bought in the online store, or make such an acquisition in a pharmacy. It is supposed to be taken orally by 1 capsule per day for 3-6 months.
Drugs for the treatment of elderly prostate adenoma
With age, the number of chronic diseases in the body is growing rapidly, so when choosing an effective medication for prostate adenoma, it is advisable not to forget about the potential drug interaction, the risk of complications. For older men with such a piquant health problem, the following medications are recommended by doctors:
- Impaza. This is a herbal preparation, the only contraindication of which is the hypersensitivity of the body. Available in the form of tablets, the daily dose is 1 pill per day in a course of 7-14 days. price - up to 500 rubles.
- Afala. Another proven and safe homeopathic remedy, which has a convenient form of release - lozenges for adenoma and prostatitis. Active components improve the outflow of urine and stimulate the blood supply to the prostate gland, remove inflammation, and normalize the function of the prostate.
The drug Omnic
One of the most commonly used agents for the treatment of pathology from the group of alpha-blockers is Omnic. A drug is prescribed to eliminate functional disorders of the urinary organs. The effect of treatment appears after 2 weeks of admission. In the initial stages of the development of the disease in patients, the effect occurs after the first dose. The drug is highly selective, that is, it acts selectively, precisely on those organs for the treatment of which it is used, therefore side effects are not often manifested. Omnic does not affect blood pressure.
Omnic is available in capsules. It is taken once a day, one capsule after a meal in the morning. This drug is contraindicated in severe liver failure and with increased sensitivity to the components that make up the composition.
5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Drugs in this group can get rid of the symptoms of the development of the disease, as they prevent the progress of the disease, lead to a decrease in the size of the development of pathology. This is achieved by reducing the level of the hormone dihydrotestosterone, which provokes prostatic hyperplasia. After treatment with 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, more than half of patients do not need surgery. When treating with these drugs, it should be remembered that it takes time to achieve the effect. Relief of symptoms can occur only after 3-6 months of therapy. An important advantage of such drugs is their effectiveness in large adenomas in men.
Possible side effects are associated with inhibition of sexual function, weakening of erection, a decrease in sperm formation. After taking the drugs, the negative effects disappear, and the sexual function of the man is fully restored.
At the moment, drugs based on dutasteride or finasteride are available:
- Finasteride TEVA.
The most popular drug is Finasteride TEVA, which is available in tablets. For treatment, take one tablet once a day. Contraindications are hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, with caution, it is prescribed for liver failure, with a large amount of residual urine. If a man plans to have a baby, then he is forbidden to take Finasteride, since there is a threat of fetal pathology. The danger is this drug for a male fetus in case of contact of a pregnant woman with crushed tablets.
The undoubted advantage of this drug is the ability to achieve persistent long-term remission and complete restoration of urinary function.
Hormones in the treatment of prostate adenoma
The use of hormonal drugs in the treatment of prostate adenoma is due to the fact that it is hormones that regulate the growth of glandular tissue of the organ. In some cases, it is required to block the synthesis of testosterone in order to limit the androgenic effect on the prostate. In others, it is necessary to increase the number of male sex hormones. Such drugs are not prescribed to all patients, since they have a considerable list of side effects.
The action of herbal remedies
- Suppression of prostate cell growth factors.
- Blocking androgen receptors.
- Suppression of the action of enzymes involved in hormonal metabolism.
- Effect on tissue growth factors.
Herbal preparations today are available in convenient forms, quite often prescribed as an independent tool if necessary, gentle influence, and as part of complex therapy.
- Trianol stimulates the restoration of the epithelium, reduces inflammation, activates the excretory function of the gland, improves urodynamics.
- Tykveol has an anti-inflammatory effect, improves blood supply to the pelvic organs, tones the muscles of the bladder.
- Prostagut is effective in the initial stages and with weakness of the sphincter of the bladder.
- Prostabin is a protein-vitamin complex rich in zinc, so necessary for the normal functioning of the prostate gland. In addition to a positive effect on the functioning of the prostate, this tool has a strengthening effect on the whole body, improves immunity.
Homeopathic medicine Afala
This tool improves the functional state of the organs of the genitourinary system, sexual functions, eliminates symptoms and dysuric phenomena.
The effectiveness of Afala has been proven in stages 1 and 2 of prostate adenoma. Suitable for the prevention of exacerbations in chronic processes. The drug is available in lozenges, which are taken twice a day. The dosage and duration of treatment is determined by the doctor.
With prostate adenoma, the timeliness of measures is of great importance in the success of treatment. When the first signs of trouble appear, you should consult a doctor. Today, often men themselves prescribe treatment, after reading articles about medications, reviews on their use. You can find a lot of tips on treating adenoma on the forums of sites dedicated to male problems. However, self-medication is not worth it, as this can only worsen the situation. The most effective is the complex treatment of several drugs. Only a specialist can choose them correctly after analyzing the data obtained during the diagnostic studies.
Originally posted 2017-05-09 17:19:41.